Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
...because even as I type this it's already a new year on the other side of the Date Line....Let the cogitating begin.

And a thank you to all participants from the moderators for the end-of-year pleas by some active participants for all in 2016 to offer considered, timely, and not overly duplicative posts; ones that are based on the best ideas each poster has in response to the signals of the market, the apposite news, trends, developments and breakthroughs coming in from without the market; and ones that take a respective tone to the input of others.

Happy New Year, everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Fedderman
Happy New Year everyone! Appreciate your input very much. As someone else also said, reading this thread is my daily ritual and it´s a bit of a (virtual) family feeling.

Seems like Trip Chowdry´s estimate of around 300 X deliveries was backed up by Tesla, according to Fortune:

Only around 300 of those cars were the Model X, according to Chowdhry. Those figures are in line with what Tesla had told Fortune about how many Model X cars were produced earlier this week.

Tesla delivered a ton of cars in latest quarter, says analyst - Fortune

Just realizing they are mixing up production and deliveries again ("those cars" referring to deliveries discussed in the article).

Happy New Year everyone! Appreciate your input very much. As someone else also said, reading this thread is my daily ritual and it´s a bit of a (virtual) family feeling.

Seems like Trip Chowdry´s estimate of around 300 X deliveries was backed up by Tesla, according to Fortune:

Tesla delivered a ton of cars in latest quarter, says analyst - Fortune

Just realizing they are mixing up production and deliveries again ("those cars" referring to deliveries discussed in the article).
Well, even though I was hoping for a little more than <300 X delivered in 2015, I don't care that much as it is apparent now production is finally ramping up so we can expect thousands to be delivered in the next 4-6 weeks. And if we hit 50-52 or more deliveries in total, no one will care.

I expect we'll know more early next week.... Very exciting.

Well, even though I was hoping for a little more than <300 X delivered in 2015, I don't care that much as it is apparent now production is finally ramping up so we can expect thousands to be delivered in the next 4-6 weeks. And if we hit 50-52 or more deliveries in total, no one will care.

I expect we'll know more early next week.... Very exciting.

Yeah. And when when confirming a number with the media, they will be sandbagging it a bit, hard for them even to say exactly how many X´s make it to their owners just a few days before year end.

image.jpeg

"Tesla on fire while supercharging". In norway. Like one hour ago. Fuel for the bears?

Two more pictures here. The comment also says it was while charging, but the pictures show the car too far from the pedestals to be charging. A Model S just caught fire while supercharging in Norway (link in Norwegian) : teslamotors

It looks to me like all the charging 'cords' are in place in the chargers. Another picture on reddit shows a side angle and all those chargers are in place as well. In the side shot it looks like the car is close enough to have been charging. A translated article link is also on reddit and it clearly says the owner plugged in and then left the car for a period of time. So, my first thought was vandalism. However, the article/translation could be incorrect. Or the owner may have returned to the car just smoking and unplugged it. The article also says because of the batteries the fire couldn't be extinguished with water - which we know not to be true, just takes a lot of water directly put on the batteries and to me it doesn't look like the battery was penetrated/exposed. And wouldn't we be seeing pictures of those batteries having a little fireworks displace, like we did when the Model S in downtown LA was shredded in half and a few of the batteries got strewn on the road and were 'popping'? Article says they used a special foam to 'control' the flames. Again, article/translation may be incorrect.

At any rate, we'd be guessing what will happen short term to TSLA. It's possible the bots will run with it and sell like they've got no masters. It's also possible that Tesla and TSLA are no longer as sensitive to this kind of event. It's also possible that Tesla announces some good delivery news on Monday and that would counter act any Skynet action. And it's also possible that over the weekend it a full investigation reveals the cause of the fire to be non-Tesla related, as in not related to Supercharging or even if related to Supercharging a one-off occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.