Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Running lights for my 2014 Tesla S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being a old timer, we feel safer if our vehicles have some kind of running lights on even during the day for us to be seen better.
Before they passed laws that you can not use your parking lights, we used them.

So, seeing other new Europeans cars with the string of LED's around there headlight covers, I thought for power consumption this may be a good alternative.
Any one know of someone that has looked into this add-on?

Thanks.1864

Being a old timer, we feel safer if our vehicles have some kind of running lights on even during the day for us to be seen better.
Before they passed laws that you can not use your parking lights, we used them.

So, seeing other new Europeans cars with the string of LED's around there headlight covers, I thought for power consumption this may be a good alternative.
Any one know of someone that has looked into this add-on?

Thanks.1864
this is known as the DRL, they can be turned on via the control screen

Will my 2014 Model S have this feature or would the original buyer had to pay for them?
Mine came pretty vanilla as it was an Executive car so he could drive in the car pool line.
I do not know what you mean by "an Executive car", and it's not clear to me if you own a Model S yet or not, but assuming you do, open the Controls window on the center display and look at the bottom in the lighting section. You can turn on the DRLs there.

I do not know what you mean by "an Executive car", and it's not clear to me if you own a Model S yet or not, but assuming you do, open the Controls window on the center display and look at the bottom in the lighting section. You can turn on the DRLs there.

There was a window of time where DRLs were optional on US cars (needed the Tech package or something). Canadian cars have always had them, and there is no over-ride as they are mandatory here.