Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kalispell, MT - Garrison Inn Bed & Breakfast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just after Christmas we stayed at the Garrison Inn Bed &Breakfast which is head and shoulders above your typical bed & breakfast. Gene Garrison is a London trained chief that will also prepare dinners to order for you.

http://www.thegarrisoninn.com

He has a very nice log structure inn with three guest rooms and great view of the flathead valley along with the mountains in the park weather permitting.

WP_20151227_08_25_51_Pro.jpg

Anyway it was a very snowy stay which my P85 handled real well even though the Inn is a few miles off the main highway.

Kalispell is one of those places where you arrive with very little charge remaining and it was essential to plug in on arrival which was easily handled by the conveniently placed NEAM 14-50 outlet that is out infront of the Inn.

WP_20151226_16_30_43_Pro.jpg

We were in town just to visit some friends for the evening and needed to head out the next day with a full charge. We charged, checked in and freshened up for ninety minutes before heading out to visit near by.

Since we were leaving the next morning and wanted a full range charge I tried an experiment and dialed down the charge rate so the car would be finishing up just as we were ready to depart. I wanted the charge to be stretched out as the temps were in the 20’s for the night. This tactic seems have worked well...

On the trip over from the Spokane area, we had been routed though the Superior MT super charger where we charged to around 97%. Getting to the Kalispell area via this super charger involves 30 extra miles as you have to back track before heading north.

So on leaving I was very surprised; that the car offered up going directly to Coeur d’Alene with a projected 1% charge remaining on arrival. We chanced it and drove at 50MPH for most of the way and arrived with 12 miles remaining which is about 4%. My lady friend kept complaining about driving so dam slow(groan)....

Not sure I would have attempted it going the other direction. However there is Schweitzer Mountain Resort which has 2 Tesla HPWC chargers that might be a nice spot to stop for lunch? It’s on the destination charging list however no one has posted about it.

We had a deadline to get back for that evening so pressed on. We encountered lots of snow and very cold weather conditions and I was very pleased how it was a non-event in my RWD P85.

I also noticed that Tesla seems to have ratcheted down their arrival charge buffer percentage. I made a trip in October and it seemed to be 20% at that time and this trip it was recommending 10% at the super chargers, which given the winter conditions I always ignored.

Last edited: