Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inductive Charging 22kW 95% efficency, 250mm Distance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fr. 29. July I visit the Demonstrator for Inductive Charging 22kW 95% efficency, 250mm Distance.
International compatibility, no plugs, 3 & 1 phase feeding for all grid typs possable
Details in german at the attachment

Attachments

• Induktiv_22kW_95%_250mm_netto3.doc
    31 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Fr. 29. July I visit the Demonstrator for Inductive Charging 22kW 95% efficency, 250mm Distance.
International compatibility, no plugs, 3 & 1 phase feeding for all grid typs possable
Details in german at the attachment

Below is the google translation for the attachment that emq posted. Unfortunately this looks like someone asking for investment to build "production" capability, not something that is already funded and being productized. - Dave

Dear Mr. Würsch>, [email protected]

Thank you for your interest and thanks for the information.

The efficiency of our system 500KW (plates 1200x800x50mm Dist. 300mm) was confirmed by the customer! Here we have grown as well as the 22 KW system by 1%!
We have improved our 22 KW system on, and presented last week.
Here is a plate size of 400x300x30mm and a variable distance of 200-500 mm is possible. Our system automatically regulates the distance, leaving thereby the efficiency of 95% and only the transmitted power is adjusted slightly.
So given that the difference between a loaded / unloaded vehicle plays no role. Also between a sports car and an SUV is no difference. In our system 22/500Kw onboard electronics is no further need! Only the board of the secondary winding with rectifier / capacitor. The charge curve for the corresponding battery is controlled exclusively on the primary side, this is only a one-time communication is necessary to charge the battery and the charging state to identify.

We are, of course, our plates with size, distance and efficiency partly like a better solution with plug transformer. We are better than the companies that we have at least three years ahead, from experience with industrial solutions. . "... The accusation I bend the physics and that is unbelievable ..." We hear again and again.

Our problem is we have financed the 22KW system from our modest means and are not willing to give away the now. To bring the system to series production, is still some effort.

All have been asked and just want to know what we're doing. Even if we keep asking for institutions because the field strength, they would like to check the practice .. :)
Currently at a plate spacing of 250mm and a horizontal distance of 450mm from the plates Did we reach the required value of <6.25 uT. Our system can directly, without distance, on the bottom plate of the vehicle to be assembled! Others have observed here-ground clearance distances, and have much larger disks Of course it is also useful to have an onboard charger, but is extended only to the infrastructure of inductive load. This board charger could go directly to our terminals of the secondary coil and said inductance to use ....

The Talkshow at the moment is such that measured on the vehicle door sill, the field <6.25 uT needs to be. For DC-fast charging is no way past the inductive load ..

Presentation system that you can use like
Further info please ask, thank you
Sincerely,

The document even mentions 500mm (20 inch) distance.

I have no knowledge about inductive charging and its (im)possibilities, but the document reads like an early EESTOR pamphlet: "We have the theory, but cannot yet make this available to the public. Please send more money." But perhaps I'm misreading.

The wording in the document reeks of amateurism, but then again not every engineer is a gifted writer.