Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Life With Tesla - Mike Koenigs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite enjoyable. When he talks about savings from EV and Solar he conflates them a bit trying to justify the costs of both the price premium on EV cars and the solar installation costs, but otherwise it was pretty convincing.

Looks like Mike has two 14-50 plugs in his garage. (though he says 70A)

This is a very good video. Here are a lot of unsolicited comments from me. If he's just releasing it then much of the info is already old.

This bugged me at the opening.
Voice over; "...it's a high end sports car people like to drive fast!"
Art Card: "...Until now"

Why is it important that he got his car just before Tesla went public?

Sketchy info presented:

State rebates are only in a few states.
Old info on Roadster availability/price.
White stickers are also for CNG and fuel cell cars.
Yellows are now expired (probably show an insert shot of one)

On history he skipped over Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning and says "Elon had a vision"

The Tesla body is not designed by Lotus. It was a design competition won by an ex Lotus designer Barney Hatt. His yellow car has a front end designed by Franz at Tesla

@8:34 Showing a picture of an ICE when talking about the Tesla motor is a big mistake

Less than half the US grid is powered by coal, not more than half.

^^^

Still a good vid. Good to see Scott451.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I couldn't hear a darn thing anybody said. I'm hearing impaired and he didn't bother captioning it or adding subtitles. I emailed him for a DVD or script which I would be happy to pay for but he didn't respond.
edit: I heard from him today and he will try to send a DVD and I will try to get it captioned.

Last edited:
Too bad I couldn't hear a darn thing anybody said. I'm hearing impaired and he didn't bother captioning it or adding subtitles. I emailed him for a DVD or script which I would be happy to pay for but he didn't respond.
edit: I heard from him today and he will try to send a DVD and I will try to get it captioned.

When you watch the video on youtube and push the CC buton under the video you get it captioned

On 5.05 is that a model S coupé? Next-gen roadster?

I just finished watching the video, I wish I had the time to do the same thing. Teaching people about the car is half the fun of owning one, I don't know all the details exactly, but most people want to know the concept and have no time for all the details anyway. His stats may have been off a bit, but the concept will hopefully go out to people that need to learn the basics. Thank you Mike!

When you watch the video on youtube and push the CC buton under the video you get it captioned
That only works if the video was created with captions or had them added later. If not, it will attempt to decipher the voices and create live captions but that doesn't work very well especially with a video like this where there is music and noise. I'd be willing to get it captioned but it looks like he forgot to follow through with sending me a DVD. If anybody has time and felt like transcribing it, I'd love to "hear" it.