Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

It been a little over a year I've been working on my data logger for my car, and got about 30 Tesla being tracked.

It was mostly a closed testing page, but I'm opening it up for more of you to give it a try.

This is not a replacement for your Tesla Mobile app, it more of a data logger.

It does more than just log info, for example, you can set zone on a map where when you park, climate control will remain on. Very useful when your dropping kids off in the cold winter.

You can login and give it a try by creating yourself an account at this url : https://teslalog.com/register.html

But if your only curious, I've made a video with some of the feature available today with the data for my own car.

Here the youtube link : Tesla Log Feature review December 2015 - YouTube

Upcoming feature is a calendar with recurring event support for scheduling different action :
Auto start Climate, stop charging, start Charging.

Using the same page to tag area name seen in the video, you will have different function you can run when entering or leaving a zone.

And of course, I'm always open to get feature request. Lot of reports informations in the pipeline as well.

For example, you can already tags TRIP, so a reports page that will appear soon will be to create a report that list only selected tag and quickly create business travel report for reimbursement.

I hope you find this useful !

Marc

Reactions: pjw65
Actually, for most of the place on the site, it will use your car settings for metric vs dark ages settings :), so it should show mph and fahrenheit. But there is a few more recent feature where I didn't added the code to do it yet, but most of it already does.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to have the radio change to a specific band and station at a specific time, Similar to climate preconditioning? I like to have NPR on in the morning when I leave.

Tesla doesn't provide API to have that much control, so no for now.

Tesla doesn't provide API to have that much control, so no for now.

This might help a little bit. If there's a FUNCTION that can be done in the native Tesla iPhone app, then developers can write code around that function. For example, we can control the climate control from our phones. So developers can write any number of logic and functions around climate control, such as geofencing, timing, etc.

Since we can't do any radio functions in the native app, developers can't do anything about that.

Tesla is always adding to the api the developers use to write against, so there may at some time be some functions that aren't (yet) on the iPhone app that the developers can control, but I imagine that will be a rarity.

Glad you guys like it. The goal is to store as much data as possible, I sure hope to never have too much data :) The longer you track your car, the more info you will have to estimate the battery degradation and maybe even find what might cause it more maybe !

I haven't planned much about having a download feature... There is already more than 100 million data entry stores on the server already and seem to scale well so far. The site is optimized to display the data from it quickly. Extracting all the data at once is much more resource intensive, so it not something that I would to do any time you want...

But I might at some point put a feature where you can request a data dump that is performed when the site is idle and notification done via email when it ready. That said, that not in my current todo list and I much prefer take the little free time I have to add more feature. But if you really need it, contact me privately and I'll see if I can just make a local script that I can run off the db.

After using your great resource for a day, I love it! How long will my data be able to stay on the server, or can I download the information?

I set my Tesla controls to "mph" and "Celsius". While all temperature data shows in Celsius, all speed data still shows in kph instead of mph. That's my only complaint for this great app. Anything I do wrong here?

That a bit confusing... Because it was defaulting to either metric or darkage system based on the distance settings only.

I've changed it so it support those 2 different settings. If you set Celcius and MPH, in most of the site you will see the data correctly. There is a few place I haven't made it support both language. Let me know how it goes

Marc:
I have just watched your Youtube Video of the application and am quite impressed.
You were able to show much of the functionality in an easy to understand manner.
When I get my model S I would very much like to take part in your project. Keep up the good work.
A few questions...
is this a web based app or is there a client piece of software that I must install on my iMAC? (Will it work with the iMAC?).
Where are the trip log data and tags stored? On my computer or on a server?
Can the logger be accessed from my iPhone or iPAD?
What turns the logging on or off?

Thanks