Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight silver metallic on the model x??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason I'm having last minute doubts on my color choice even though I already have a vin and it's probably too late. Does anybody have any good pictures of a model x in midnight silver? Anybody see it in person? Thoughts? Thx.
Check the Random Spottings thread. There are some pictures of a couple Founders in there from a couple weeks ago.

It looks really great!

Cheers!

It was my choice too. A friend has an S with it and I love it. We just sold our 2012 VW Golf TDI in gray, and I parked next to an S at the showroom in Seattle. The S (X as well I assume) was only slightly darker and in sun, just popped. When the light gets lower, it seems to get darker, almost to black. A very interesting and "sophisticated" color IMO.

It was my choice too. A friend has an S with it and I love it. We just sold our 2012 VW Golf TDI in gray, and I parked next to an S at the showroom in Seattle. The S (X as well I assume) was only slightly darker and in sun, just popped. When the light gets lower, it seems to get darker, almost to black. A very interesting and "sophisticated" color IMO.

Thanks for the reassurance!

Told everyone for 2 years I was getting multi coat pearl white. On the night I configured, I chose midnight silver metallic. No explanation No regret. To add to what others have said, it's classy, elegant, and actually seems to change w the light. Black at night, grey in the morning, bluish in the afternoon.

Told everyone for 2 years I was getting multi coat pearl white. On the night I configured, I chose midnight silver metallic. No explanation No regret. To add to what others have said, it's classy, elegant, and actually seems to change w the light. Black at night, grey in the morning, bluish in the afternoon.

does it show dirt really easily? I just ordered the Midnight Silver as well, but still thinking about changing it to a lighter color because I don't want it to look dirty all the time.

does it show dirt really easily? I just ordered the Midnight Silver as well, but still thinking about changing it to a lighter color because I don't want it to look dirty all the time.
I don't have a Tesla in Midnight Silver but almost exactly the same color in another manufacture. It does show dirt moderately. Not anything like black but not as good as the lighter silver or white. So you really don't have to dust if off all the time like you do with black. And since its a metallic you will get away with the dust a lot more than you would with a solid color.

Last edited:
Here's a dark-colored Model X that will be the very best at not showing dirt. Wouldn't be my choice, though.....

Tesla-Model-X-vet-salute_large.jpg

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 257
I don't have a Tesla in Midnight Silver but almost exactly the same color in another manufacture. It does show dirt moderately. Not anything like black but not as good as the lighter silver or white. So you really don't have to dust if off all the time like you do with black. And since its a metallic you will get away with the dust a lot more than you would with a solid color.

Thanks!

Colour preferences change with the times. I remember in the 80s brown was the colour to have. The early 90s saw green and teal as favourites. Early 2000's silver was all the rage. Now it's white.

BMW credited Apple with the the upsurge in white as the preferred choice for their luxury cars. Tesla has a conservative range of colours if you ask me but oddly I miss the original brown they had and discontinued, I liked it.

Black I would *never* buy, gah, impossible to keep clean. The only place a black car looks good is in the showroom when it's new :)