Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impressive Anti-Elon Attack Ad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the Mike Ross who uploaded the video?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ross_(politician)

Pelosi cracks the whips to get climate bill passed, page 1 | Grist

There are a handful of Democrats displaying outright opposition to the bill, including Mike Ross (Ark.), who was one of only four Democrats to vote against it in
committee. Ross issued a press release on Wednesday referring to the House bill as an “energy tax” and touting an alternative bill, the American-Made Energy Act of 2009, that he released this week.

Last edited:
The video was posted by "Mike Ross" who created his account on Dec 8. This is the only thing he's posted.

Searching for Mike Rosses out there, there is a fictional character from the TV show Suits named Mike Ross. There are two former US House of Representatives named Mike Ross, one died in 2007 and the other is from Arkansas, but a Democrat. However he's a conservative Democrat running for governor.

I think it's likely the person who created the YouTube account is either just some guy out there who has not been on the political map before, or it's someone taking a nom de plume for some reason.

In any case it's clearly a gross distortion of the facts.

The video was posted by "Mike Ross" who created his account on Dec 8. This is the only thing he's posted.

Searching for Mike Rosses out there, there is a fictional character from the TV show Suits named Mike Ross. There are two former US House of Representatives named Mike Ross, one died in 2007 and the other is from Arkansas, but a Democrat. However he's a conservative Democrat running for governor.

I think it's likely the person who created the YouTube account is either just some guy out there who has not been on the political map before, or it's someone taking a nom de plume for some reason.

In any case it's clearly a gross distortion of the facts.

Exactly. This really doesn't seem like it was created by a professional political originazation. If it was, what would be the point? You can't lobby against Tesla's DOE loan because they have paid it back already, there is nothing left to do. You could maybe argue that they are just preaching to the choir, but I don't see a point. People who are anti-solar or anti-EV don't need any more convincing.

I'd say the chances here are that there is a 10% chance that this ad is real and a 90% chance that this was created for troll worthiness only.

I vote that we are being trolled.

Edit: UNLESS, this Mike Ross guy really does have a personal vendetta against Elon. If that is the case, this is probably the stupidest possible way to go about it.

Exactly. This really doesn't seem like it was created by a professional political originazation. If it was, what would be the point? You can't lobby against Tesla's DOE loan because they have paid it back already, there is nothing left to do. You could maybe argue that they are just preaching to the choir, but I don't see a point. People who are anti-solar or anti-EV don't need any more convincing.

I'd say the chances here are that there is a 10% chance that this ad is real and a 90% chance that this was created for troll worthiness only.

I vote that we are being trolled.

There are a lot of astroturf (fake grass root) organizations out there making these sorts of materials. They usually look on first blush like they are made by some grass roots organization or an individual, but if you look a bit closer, you see it isn't quite as home made as it originally looked. This strikes me as an astroturf video. In any case, the person or people who made it have some skill as with video editing. The composition and elements look like it was made by someone who has a lot of experience making political attack ads, especially those done by super pacs.

So, who benefits the most from this ad? I say ULA, who are SpaceX competitors. Regardless, it's a pretty stupid ad, I don't think it'll have a big impact on consumers. That's why I'm thinking it was created by the SpaceX competitor to try to influence politicians. Maybe they think they can scare enough politicians to influence key votes.

So, who benefits the most from this ad? I say ULA, who are SpaceX competitors. Regardless, it's a pretty stupid ad, I don't think it'll have a big impact on consumers. That's why I'm thinking it was created by the SpaceX competitor to try to influence politicians. Maybe they think they can scare enough politicians to influence key votes.

If it is an astroturf video, it's more likely to be from the energy industry. They have a history of these sorts of things.