Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Join us to celebrate the opening of the Plantation Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
On Saturday, January 2nd at 12:00 pm join Florida Tesla Enthusiasts at a meet-up at Duffy's Sports Grill of Plantation to celebrate the long awaited opening of the Tesla Superchargers at Plantation!

We will have a private room at Duffy's to facilitate conversations. Duffy's will provide individual checks with a 20% gratuity included.

Duffy's is walking distance from the Plantation Superchargers at:
811 South University Drive
Plantation, FL 33324.

Directions to the Superchargers are of course programmed into your navigation system.

For those who are interested at 2:00 pm we have arranged for a little excursion, about 8 miles away, to the Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum. The museum is a reproduction of a Packard showroom from the 1920's. Admission is $10 per person. Bring your camera.

You don't have to be a club member to join us, but if you would like to join our Florida Tesla club, please click on this link:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ida-Tesla-Enthusiasts-(FTE)-club-sign-up-page

We look forward to seeing you there!

Larry Chanin

Last edited:
It would be helpful if we could get a head count for the folks joining us at Duffys and those who want to do the Tesla caravan drag race to the museum.
To be clear the meet is on Saturday Jan 2nd at 12pm (everyone should have recovered by then) the museum is booked for us at 2pm.

For the museum I have negotiated a discounted $5per person as opposed to the regular $10 If I can a 20 head count.

I don't know if any of you have visited this place (I found it by mistake) but it is an awesome museum of Packard's in pristine condition and a lot of other car stuff from days past.
If you do join us bring a camera not an iPhone you will not be disappointed.

Larry can we send an evite to the members so I can get an idea of how many are turning up?

Last edited:
I definitely will be there. After the long wait I could not miss this. I have not received an official invitation but I cannot miss either the celebration or the museum. As a Packard enthusiast since long, long ago I am most enthused.

I definitely will be there. After the long wait I could not miss this. I have not received an official invitation but I cannot miss either the celebration or the museum. As a Packard enthusiast since long, long ago I am most enthused.

Hi JC,

I am sorry for some reason you weren't on the mailing list.

I sent you an evite invitation. If you don't get it please let me know.

Larry

Last edited:
Earlier some of us suggested Toojays for subsequent gatherings but lamented we could not reserve there. I was at Toojays yesterday enjoying my first Plantation Supercharge, and Tppjays was actually open on Christmas and packed. When we entered our server had seen us walking from the Supercharger and asked about Tesla. Subsequently she called Evan Brickman, the General Manager. He offered to provide for space for us at any time asking only that we give "at least a half hour or so notice and a good guess about numbers". It turns out that nobody there knows anything about Tesla but they have been watching the 'progress' for the last year and have noticed lots of Tesla drivers examining the state of construction, then walking in Toojays. They are enthusiastic.

If if anybody wants to contact Evan Brickman he is [email protected] and 954 423 1993.

Earlier some of us suggested Toojays for subsequent gatherings but lamented we could not reserve there. I was at Toojays yesterday enjoying my first Plantation Supercharge, and Tppjays was actually open on Christmas and packed. When we entered our server had seen us walking from the Supercharger and asked about Tesla. Subsequently she called Evan Brickman, the General Manager. He offered to provide for space for us at any time asking only that we give "at least a half hour or so notice and a good guess about numbers". It turns out that nobody there knows anything about Tesla but they have been watching the 'progress' for the last year and have noticed lots of Tesla drivers examining the state of construction, then walking in Toojays. They are enthusiastic.

If if anybody wants to contact Evan Brickman he is [email protected] and 954 423 1993.

Hi JC,

Thanks for the contact information.

Hopefully we will be able to organize another event when most of the snowbirds are in town and we will seriously consider Toojays. We choose Duffy's for this first meet-up because it has a large private room which should facilitate conversations among a large number club members and invited Tesla owners.

I'll discuss the possibility of another Plantation meet-up with the Co-Chairs of the Southeast Region Events Committee.

Larry

We did Tojays for our first meeting, the issue was no pre booking and 20+ people all sat at a long table meant you could only converse with the person opposite or one each side,
It became a rather non social once we were seated.

In addition if they are busy then you have to wait for them to set up seating for the whole lot or take staggered seating which again defeats the purpose of the meet up.

We conversed outside for a bit but this is Florida and December 25th it was 82 degrees needless to say it is uncomfortably warm to spend an hour in the heat.

We had a very good turnout of about 40 people.

Karen Wolofsky at the Plantation Supercharger Meetup.jpg

Plantation Supercharger Meetup a.jpg

Plantation Supercharger Meetup b.jpg

Plantation Supercharger Meetup c.jpg

Plantation Supercharger Meetup d.jpg

Larry