Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor liner cleaning product

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in Alaska, lots of mud, dirt, rocks, and snow are the norm. Which I love. However, it's next to impossible to keep the floor mats (liners) clean. I do NOT want a product that will make them slippery - in the past, on other vehicles with Husky liners (Denali and Sierra), the only product I have found that deep cleans without making them slippery is 409 from the spray bottle.

I would like a result like this from a wipe, however Armorall, Meguires, etc, I have found them all to leave the mats slippery, which I HATE.

As such, I have yet to clean my floor mats. Any suggestions on a wipe or product I could use on the mats without removing them from the car?

Thanks!

Assuming your reference to "liners" are not the standard carpet, and something like Tesla's All-Weather Mats, when my all-weather mats have gotten bad in the past, I remove them, spray with the hose to get most of the crud out, let dry, then use a couple shots of Einszett Cockpit Premium on an old microfiber towel to remove any remnants or grey dirty ghost haze that drives me nuts. I've not found it as slippery as other products, and Cockpit Premium does not add a lot of extra sheen like others do. It also works well for me after normal washes when the mats are not that bad: Vacuum the mats; then a couple shots of Cockpit Premium on an old microfiber; Rub-rub; and my mats look like new again.

Good luck.