Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink Gate Query/Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have successfully setup my HomeLink with the garage opener. BUT I am having trouble getting it to work with the gate.

I go through the procedure as indicated on the screen when it ask you to point the transmitter in front of the car. I do so and sure enough the lights flash.

However, when actually pressing the button in the Tesla Model S screen with the connection now saved, it does not open the gates.

I also played around with the DIP switches in the receiver to add another device, but it still does not work.

Can anyone advise?

My transmitter is the "LiftMaster (Chamberlain) D-66793 433MHz Type: F30B-R"

The Receiver is "LiftMaster CB124EV"

Hopefully someone is clever enough to help. Thanks!

nb. Like is aid earlier, the garage opener worked fine 1st time around.
:biggrin:

I have successfully setup my HomeLink with the garage opener. BUT I am having trouble getting it to work with the gate.

I go through the procedure as indicated on the screen when it ask you to point the transmitter in front of the car. I do so and sure enough the lights flash.

However, when actually pressing the button in the Tesla Model S screen with the connection now saved, it does not open the gates.

I also played around with the DIP switches in the receiver to add another device, but it still does not work.

Can anyone advise?

My transmitter is the "LiftMaster (Chamberlain) D-66793 433MHz Type: F30B-R"

The Receiver is "LiftMaster CB124EV"

Hopefully someone is clever enough to help. Thanks!

nb. Like is aid earlier, the garage opener worked fine 1st time around.
:biggrin:
I had a problem with my gate years ago, was able to get the garage door to work but not the gate. In my case the gate openers were older and did not work with the Tesla home link. But the other thing to look at is opening the frunk and pointing the gate remote into the frunk as far as you can go until the headlights flash.

I had/have the same problem, HomeLink will not work with all gates. In our case the gate will eventually open if the button is clicked enough times, but it is a hassle so we use the remote rather than Homelink for the gate. There is a list of compatible products on their website, if your receiver is not on the list, it will not work properly.

FreeOfPge, i can see my transmitter (remote) is not on the list. I will purchase one that is and set it up with the gate. Then I will set it up with the Model S HomeLink. Hopefully then it will work....

I will keep you posted. If anyone else can help in the meantime it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who have posted...

We got our 70D on 31 Jan and I tackled Homelink yesterday; making the link worked exactly as it says in the book. We have what they term 'very old' openers (dating from about 2000 and 2002) that do not use rolling codes, so the gate and garage openers didn't 'need to learn Model S'. I just pointed the remote controls at the right place, the headlights flashed (after a good couple of minutes) and Bob, as they say, was your uncle. What's more, although the car is supposed (in the EU) to support only devices that use the 433MHz range, ours use the old US frequency, 418. Anyway, I'm not complaining.

There is one annoying thing, however: the buttons drop down as we approach our gates but, after we have tapped Gates, they disappear, which means that we have to tap the HL icon a few seconds later to get the garage button. Anyone else irritated by this? The book says 'When you approach a known location, the HomeLink control on the touchscreen automatically drops down. When you drive away, it disappears.' I don't know what that is supposed to mean - it disappears when you touch a button.

If your gates' controller is reasonably modern you have to do 3 steps:

1. Use a remote to teach the car the codes
2. Enable the gates' controller into learn mode to be prepared to accept the car as a valid device (not a stranger with any HOMELINK remote)
3. Place the from of the car pointing at the gates' controller and as near as you can and pair it - this is often just a case of operating it once while the controller is in learn mode.

It should then work as long as your controller is HOMELINK compatible. If it isn't, you can buy third party HOMELINK receivers with a relay output which will operate the controller's switched input (which most have).

We got our 70D on 31 Jan and I tackled Homelink yesterday; making the link worked exactly as it says in the book. We have what they term 'very old' openers (dating from about 2000 and 2002) that do not use rolling codes, so the gate and garage openers didn't 'need to learn Model S'. I just pointed the remote controls at the right place, the headlights flashed (after a good couple of minutes) and Bob, as they say, was your uncle. What's more, although the car is supposed (in the EU) to support only devices that use the 433MHz range, ours use the old US frequency, 418. Anyway, I'm not complaining.

There is one annoying thing, however: the buttons drop down as we approach our gates but, after we have tapped Gates, they disappear, which means that we have to tap the HL icon a few seconds later to get the garage button. Anyone else irritated by this? The book says 'When you approach a known location, the HomeLink control on the touchscreen automatically drops down. When you drive away, it disappears.' I don't know what that is supposed to mean - it disappears when you touch a button.

I think it may only recognize one gps coordinate as "home". I assume you have an outside Gate and a separate home garage. I'm the opposite. I have to click the "Homelink" button on top to call up the outside gate remote. Then the GPS feature pops up the remotes when I am directly outside my house so I can access the garage. I vaguely recall that the car prompted you to designate a home when you installed your remotes, but I could be wrong.

I did have problems with touching the right spot to activate the garage (fat fingers? Gotta go to the gym...) remote button. When I tried to push the garage button, I would often bring up the "home link program screen" or tap into the underlying screen. Little trick, I added a unprogrammed "empty" remote. This lets me miss the garage remote, but doesn't pop out of the screen and interface. Still working on the gym part...

I think it may only recognize one gps coordinate as "home". I assume you have an outside Gate and a separate home garage. I'm the opposite. I have to click the "Homelink" button on top to call up the outside gate remote. Then the GPS feature pops up the remotes when I am directly outside my house so I can access the garage. I vaguely recall that the car prompted you to designate a home when you installed your remotes, but I could be wrong.

I did have problems with touching the right spot to activate the garage (fat fingers? Gotta go to the gym...) remote button. When I tried to push the garage button, I would often bring up the "home link program screen" or tap into the underlying screen. Little trick, I added a unprogrammed "empty" remote. This lets me miss the garage remote, but doesn't pop out of the screen and interface. Still working on the gym part...
I think you're right - and Home seems to cover quite a large area; I set HomeLink up when the car was in the drive outside the garage but it nevertheless pops up the buttons when we are several yards up the road outside the gates, which is very useful. Yes, we have a gate into the drive(way) and a garage a little way in.

I doubt that the gym will reduce the fat fingers and I don't think anything will stop mine shaking a bit now! The buttons are quite small and it's east to miss if the car road is a little rough; I try to brace my hand on the surround. I'll try your empty remote trick.