Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Rear Winter Mat Not Perfect Fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear winter mat I bought from Tesla doesn't fit perfectly. Is this normal (bad design) or did I get a defective one?

1e783d11c2b9a8110f89dacda9f71c6e.jpg

1fbe887b2afe72fdc677252614997510.jpg

I have Next Gen seats in a 90D delivered 10-5-2015, along with Tesla All-Weather Mats. I don't have the problem the OP seems to, and if I captured the same location in my photo #1 below, you'll see my mat is a perfect fit. I would suggest owners with this combination of seats and mats must spend the extra effort to (force) fit the mat underneath both sets of rails (as suggested in the instructions that came with the rear mat) -- see my photo #2 below, otherwise the mats will deform as the front seats move back and forth.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

I would suggest owners with this combination of seats and mats must spend the extra effort to (force) fit the mat underneath both sets of rails (as suggested in the instructions that came with the rear mat) -- see my photo #2 below, otherwise the mats will deform as the front seats move back

Mine is inserted underneath the rail - but just barely. If I move it forward, there will be a gap at the rear part of the floor.

0ee687642dbeb7885d80617d7103ceb6.jpg

I have Next Gen seats in a 90D delivered 10-5-2015, along with Tesla All-Weather Mats. I don't have the problem the OP seems to, and if I captured the same location in my photo #1 below, you'll see my mat is a perfect fit. I would suggest owners with this combination of seats and mats must spend the extra effort to (force) fit the mat underneath both sets of rails (as suggested in the instructions that came with the rear mat) -- see my photo #2 below, otherwise the mats will deform as the front seats move back and forth.
I have a new 70D delivered 2 weeks ago with Next Gen seats, and just received a new set of All-Weather mats from Telsa a couple days ago. Mine also fit nicely just as BertL mentions and pictures above. Following the written instructions in the box, I pushed the front edges of the rear mat under the front seat rails - it does take a bit of effort to push the edges under.