Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Idaho Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While this article doesn't specifically mention a Supercharger, I'm pretty sure that they are talking about setting one up in Idaho Falls for vehicles "headed into the parks".

City Council Approves Tesla Station

I couldn't find a dedicated thread so I thought I would create one. If there's already one, please merge.

The page has a meta content="Idaho Falls is looking to add Tesla Supercharger station".

So, quite possible. :)

Twin Falls is a good location, but not perfect. ~160 miles from Twin Falls, and ~140 miles from Tremonton.
So, maybe still want one in Pocatello?
And then also would need one between Butte and Idaho Falls since they're 200 miles apart.

Good find. I just found that myself when trying to find more articles. Unfortunately the city council meeting minutes are a couple months behind. Hopefully another site will have more information soon.

Well, the Idaho Falls Power Contact Us page lists email addresses:

City of Idaho Falls - Contact Us

The manager was named in the article and maybe they might have more information about a location. It's possible of course, that they have just made an agreement about power use, maybe back-up storage and monitoring for wherever the Supercharger site will be.

Anyone know the address where this will be located?

Looks like about 200 miles to Butte. That is too far for comfortable winter spacing. Looks like Dillon could be an appropriate intermediate point. Thoughts?
Dillon doesn't show anything, but a search in the surrounding towns turned up a Supercharger going in at Lima, MT!!

On Dec 14, 2015, the City Council discussed that a SC is indeed going in! Here is a link to their minutes from their meeting (it is a .doc download). Here is the text itself:

3. Tesla Motors Supercharger Station – Discussion regarding the proposed charging station at Jan’s Café parking lot which is actually owned by Kevin Stosich. The Town doesn’t have any control over these type of plans on private property but this information is being brought to the Council so they are aware of the project.

The address is: 108 Bailey St, Lima, MT 59739

I created a new thread here

Last edited:
Dillon doesn't show anything, but a search in the surrounding towns turned up a Supercharger going in at Lima, MT!!

On Dec 14, 2015, the City Council discussed that a SC is indeed going in! Here is a link to their minutes from their meeting (it is a .doc download). Here is the text itself:

The address is: 108 Bailey St, Lima, MT 59739

I created a new thread here

There will also be a location in Idaho Falls:

http://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/wwwroot/userfiles/minutes_attachment/2679/20151217.pdf

MEMORANDUM
To: Honorable Mayor and City Council
Subject: Electric Vehicle Charging Project

Attached is a cost share agreement for the extension of power to a Tesla Supercharger station.

The developer of the station is in the process of locating and negotiating a charging station to
be placed within the City. Idaho Falls Power will gain useful information of grid impacts from
the development of this type of electric vehicle fast charging.

It is the staffs' belief that this will be of value to Idaho Falls Power; therefore respectfully
requests City Council approval of the agreement and authorize the Mayor to execute the
document.

Councilmember Ehardt announced and congratulated Director Flowers as the newly-elected
Chairperson of Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems (UAMPS), stating she is the first
female to serve in this position.

Director Flowers stated Tesla has identified eastern Idaho as an area of interest. She indicated
Tesla is a leader in the electric market for superchargers and the City would benefit from the
knowledge and technology.

It was moved by Councilmember Ehardt, seconded by Councilmember Parry, to approve the
cost share agreement for the extension of power to a Tesla Supercharger station and give
authorization for Mayor to execute the document. Roll call as follows:

Aye: Councilmember Ehardt
Councilmember Marohn
Councilmember Hally
Councilmember Parry
Councilmember Smith

Nay: None
Motion carried.

Select Item 5D 1 on the left hand side:
December 17, 2015 City Council Meeting - Idaho Falls, ID

Cost Sharing Agreement:
View attachment 12-17 IdahoFallsCC.pdf