Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Name that connector!

What type of connector is this? Is it safe?

• Yes, I think it's a NEMA L14-30 and I'd plug my Roadster into that.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, it's something else; see my comments.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ummm, do you know where the toilets are?

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The helpful people at Raceway Park have sent me a photo of their connector:
100MEDIA_IMAG0058.jpg

At first glance (and based upon this document) it looks like a NEMA L14-30 but having never seen one up close I'd like opinion please. It looks like it is mounted on a huge hosepipe reel, which may not be so bad, but it's hard to see the scale.

Thanks in advance.

That's what it looks like to me...

Cool, thanks. Even the screws are in the same place.

Used to use that connector for the power supply to an old laser.

Awesome! After discussing it with some kids over the weekend, I was planning on mounting a Nerf Vulcan on the roll bar of my Roadster to make it into a technical:

51ZuDHf9FXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...but I understand the ballistics of nerf darts makes this unsatisfactory at high speed. A laser would be far more effective. Thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reassurance. With the weight of TMC behind the opinion I have now ordered the relevant adapter from the Tesla store so that I can use my UMC. I never really thought I'd want to buy any of those adapters -- and at this point we have no guarantee that the 220V line at Englishtown Raceway even works -- but at only $100 it is worth the investment.