Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S station wagon design, anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trnsl8r

S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018
Aug 20, 2011
San Jose, CA
Found this online, I like it!

Tesla.jpg

From here: PICTURES: Estonian designer suggests estate version for Tesla - Estonian World

unfortunately the wagon market in the US is losing to the SUV. I have one of the last BMW 5 series wagons produced for the US, and I've heard they are stopping the 3 series wagon also. Before that we had a Saab 9-5 wagon for 10 years. Wagons in Europe are much more common, they perform everything we do with an SUV or truck in the US. It was common to see a wagon or even a sedan pulling a horse trailer or camper on the autobahn while living in Germany. For people with big dogs they are wonderful, low load floor and tons of space behind the second seat for the dog. With the vertical back window the cargo area doesn't get as warm as a hatchback area gets.

Last edited:
Looks like they p-chopped a CTS-V wagon rear hatch onto an MS. No sir, I don't like it.

I think wagons are a kind of acquired taste. I actually liked the CTS and CTS-V wagons (I owned a CTS sedan) and think this rendering looks quite nice. Wagons just don't seem to sell well in North America, so it's not likely we'll see it any time soon.

Ok. Somewhat dumb question... What defines a station wagon? I thought it was the 5th door.

So is the Model S not already a station wagon?

Technically, I'd call the model S a "hatchback" but hatchbacks are not very popular (especially in the US more so than Canada) so I think that's why it always gets the "sedan" label.