Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other P85D owners not get the firmware 2.9.40 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The firmware tracker created by Hank is perfect to answer this question. Using it, and also submitting when you receive new updates, helps here.

ie go to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App (login if necessary), select "View Reports" select "full data extract", sort by build to get all the .40s at top of list, look and see that >90% of this update are installed at SC. 2 OTA (3G) reported today, so maybe this is just starting to broaden.

That help?

Early P85D VIN here as well. Haven't received any updates for the past month or so. I really hope they fix some bugs with my car. Ever since 7.0 came out, my GPS navigation has been acting weirdly. There's no blue lines for the navigation in the big map, but it shows up in the small map behind the steering wheel.

And yesterday, my Tesla tried to kill me for the first time. I had autopilot engaged while on an interstate in the right most lane in the middle of the night. There was a big truck in front of me possibly blocking the view of the traffic lines near it. The right traffic line separates to the right to leave for an exit. My Tesla steers right a bit and then realizes that it was only an exit and not the road curving. So it decides to steer me to the left back to middle of the lane. But then it kept steering me to the left without stopping and steered me directly into the lane to the left and past the traffic line in a very quick way. A large pick-up truck was in that lane when it was turning my steering wheel into that lane. The pick-up truck had to slam its brakes and swerve away from me to prevent the collision. My Tesla starts beeping loudly with the collision warning. Luckily I turned back to the right lane in time to prevent the accident from happening. The car always seems to have problems when driving on the right-most lane on a highway when the highway exits. But this was the first time it tried to change lanes on me without me telling it to. Plus the road was straight when it happened, and it had no reason to turn my wheel to the left.

There's some newer update than 2.9.40 (which I have); had a tech come out to fix my car today and he said a new one came out yesterday so he threw it on my car (will download tonight, but I'm a little nervous that the restrictions on AP are in it, so I'm thinking I might wait...)

2.9.68 was installed tonight. Not sure what's different because it looks like the full 7.0 release notes again.

Had 2.9.68 installed on my car (p85d) yesterday. Immediately started having weird issues. Totally random airbag light, that when it kicks on will disable CC or AP, and pops up a message on the instrument panel that says something to the effect that CC is disabled because driver's seat belt is unbuckled. Of course seat belt is actually buckled, and yet the funny thing is that the seatbelt light doesn't even come on. Texted my local tech, and he figured it was just a glitch with the install process, so he pushed it to the car again. I just got done reinstalling, and still the same issues. Just FYI.