Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had these carbon fiber wheels made, one with black leather another with tan. The former was sold to another owner, the latter is on my car.

DSC_6127.JPG

DSC_6380.JPG

DSC_6129.JPG

DSC_6370.JPG

artsci, from what I gather, you are a preeminent diy engineer. What is the story about the rear view mirror in the picture above?

That's an LCD mirror the shows an overhead image of the car from the Rydeen 360 system. It uses four cameras, front and rear and two on undersides of the side view mirrors. I can turn it on and off at will. I'm not sure the Rydeen 360 is worth the expense -- the image is rather low quality. I only use it in dire situations when I need a view that the Tesla rear and front cameras don't provide, which are few are far between.

Thanks I'll check it out
Just got off the phone with them - quoted $599 for wood (believe it was the same for Carbon Fiber?). They do need the steering wheel to perform the mod so unless you've got a spare one laying around...or know someone who does...there may be a logistics issue.

Estimated about a three (3) week turnaround time for a wood steering wheel and a five (5) week turnaround time for carbon fiber.

Side question: any ideas where one can snag a temporary steering wheel for a few weeks? Anyone have one just laying around?

• Informative
Reactions: Reekdog
Just got off the phone with them - quoted $599 for wood (believe it was the same for Carbon Fiber?). They do need the steering wheel to perform the mod so unless you've got a spare one laying around...or know someone who does...there may be a logistics issue.

Estimated about a three (3) week turnaround time for a wood steering wheel and a five (5) week turnaround time for carbon fiber.

Side question: any ideas where one can snag a temporary steering wheel for a few weeks? Anyone have one just laying around?

lol...

We have a number of options for custom steering wheels as well as full custom interior. We typically re-wrap the OEM steering wheels in carbon fiber and alcantara but can also do wood grain, leather or any other material of your choosing.

Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0051.jpg
IMG_5770_BE.jpg

That's an LCD mirror the shows an overhead image of the car from the Rydeen 360 system. It uses four cameras, front and rear and two on undersides of the side view mirrors. I can turn it on and off at will. I'm not sure the Rydeen 360 is worth the expense -- the image is rather low quality. I only use it in dire situations when I need a view that the Tesla rear and front cameras don't provide, which are few are far between.
I SO hope that Tesla will provide a synthesized top-down view from the 8 cameras in the new hardware. it's just begging to be done.

Also, for built-in dash-cam functionality.

One can hope!