Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting the suspension for twisty mountain roads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a great thread on adjusting the suspension for things like autocrossing. But, I don't autocross.

However, I do live and drive in the Santa Cruz mountains (for those in No. CA, I'm talking Page Mill, Skyline Blvd, Alpine Rd., Pescadero Creek Rd., Hwy 1, etc.). What do you recommend for someone doing a lot of driving on those roads? I'm on the stock settings now (with the stock non-sport 007 tires, btw), and I really do feel the back-end weight, which is slowing me down and making me a bit more cautious. I remember the old saying about unwary 911 drivers rarely leaving the road nose first. ;^)

I don't drive crazy - I'm not looking to drift through corners or anything like that. I just want to have a nice quick drive through twisty roads.

However, I do live and drive in the Santa Cruz mountains (for those in No. CA, I'm talking Page Mill, Skyline Blvd, Alpine Rd., Pescadero Creek Rd., Hwy 1, etc.). What do you recommend for someone doing a lot of driving on those roads?...

Not the answer you are seeking, but: *never forget to watch out for bikes!*

Not the answer you are seeking, but: *never forget to watch out for bikes!*

Yeah, one of them might be me!!!!
(Or my G-friends - there's a Thursday morning ride, often taking routes up to the top and back to work).

It's probably more about the way up - nobody goes up 84 or 92. But 9, Page Mill, OLH, Kings Mountain - expect someone pedal stomping. On the way down? I can beat most things down 9 / Page Mill / 84, probably not a Roadster though. I've imagined drafting behind a Roadster down 9 - that would lead to a PR for sure!