Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to cook road kill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hcsharp

Jun 7, 2011
Vermont
Any other Roadster owners live in small rural communities? The following is an actual, unedited conversation that took place at our post office which is located inside the general store.

POSTMASTER: You hear about Henry’s new car?

PATRON 1: What, he’s not gettin’ a pickup?

POSTMASTER: It’s all electric. Better watch out for 'im. Pick 'im up 'side the road when his battery’s dead.

PATRON 2: Be kinda dangerous wud’n it?

PATRON 1: Might get electrocuted. Think of all the roadkill.

POSTMASTER: It’s 400 volts!

PATRON 1 : (excited) Now that’d be kinda handy, wud’n it? Git your roadkill and cook it all at once with that kinda power!

Please include a photo with this true story.

Please!

They'll be open on Tuesday. I'll try to get a picture. Our postmaster is about as good as they get and then some. His dedication to his customers is evident in his comment warning people to watch out for me and help when I run out of juice. And he was certain that I would need it, and that I must have been taken advantage of by a sleazy car salesman. A couple days later he saw the car and now he's not worried anymore! lol.

Here's the store. The post office is inside at the back of the store. The little sign above the electric meters tells you the post office is there.
Front no cars.JPG

Here's the postmaster. He's very dedicated to his job and has a good sense of humor.
Postmaster1.jpg

I'm very lucky to live in this beautiful place. Lots of mostly empty winding roads. I'm the 4th person in VT to buy a Roadster. None of the others are very close to us.

Thank you so much. I shared this one with my wife. We enjoyed this immensely. All our small town shops have been replaced with tourist clothing stores and cupcake shops that no one local cares about.