Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Mats Poll

Floor Mat Preferences

• Use Standard Floor Mats from Delivery

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • Bought Tesla All Weather Floor Mats - Recommend

Votes: 56 49.1%
  • Bought Tesla All Weather Floor Mats - Don't Recommend

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Bought Non-Tesla Floor Mats - Recommend (Comment in Thread)

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Bought Non-Tesla Floor Mats - Don't Recommend (Comment in Thread)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strictly speaking, I'm using the replacement floor mats. In the early cars the original one were not very good so Tesla replaced all of them. I've often though about getting a different set to lighten up the floor, but haven't done so yet.

Is there still a problem with the front passenger one falling down from the top? I have to tuck the edge under the trim to stop that from happening. And, the driver's one doesn't fit properly and has a crease across it. I'm looking to replace both the front ones. They must have solved these problems since I don't hear about them anymore here from new owners.

I bought all-weather mats all around but only use the trunk and frunk ones which I like.

I bought Lloyd Mats (TruBerber) for front and & rear. Their rear mats do not fit properly in the newer Model S with NextGen seats, possibly because the clearance underneath the passenger seat has been reduced. When you move the passenger seat towards the back, it causes the mat to bunch up. This has been reported to Lloyd, but they seem to be stalling on a fix.

I've got the rubber mats from Lloyd. They were the only ones available when purchased in 2012. Were I to do it today I would probably get the rubber Tesla mats. I live in Oregon and so the rubber mats are important to keep the car from getting damp/mildewy.

Tesla all-weather floor mats or get them direct from manufacturer (I think they are cheaper) as they are a must have in Seattle and with small children. It is so nice to know that the carpet underneath is brand new still after all the spills and mud that has been on those mats.

Will be getting the same thing for the X.

Tesla's all weather mats are made by Weathertech and come with a Tesla logo if you buy them through Tesla. They are also cheaper if you purchase them from Tesla than from Weathertech, which is odd.

I bought my all weather's from the local service center and being an owner they knocked 20% off the price. So not only cheaper than Weathertech but cheaper than Tesla. :)

BTW, after seeing all the gunk that has accumulated on the all weather driver side mat in the few days I've had the mats it makes me wonder how much gunk is hidden in the mats that came with the car several months ago.

Happily the all weather mats are easier to clean.

I bought my all weather's from the local service center and being an owner they knocked 20% off the price. So not only cheaper than Weathertech but cheaper than Tesla. :)

Do tell? I thought the 20% discount was only for clothing, not accessories.

My wife is pushing me to get all weather floor mats before it starts to snow (she always buys them for all her cars, but I'm not a big fan of rubber floor mats)... if she wins, I'd prefer to save 20%!

My early 2013 car came only with kind of crappy front carpet mats and no rear mats. So I went and ordered a nice set of Lloyds front and rear Ultimat carpeted mats. Subsequent to that, at one of my service visits, Tesla threw a set of upgraded front and rear carpeted mats in my trunk. (They are still in my garage in the plastic wrap because I already had the Lloyds.

I always swap my carpet mats out with winter mats in the fall, and am a big fan of WeatherTech. As has been mentioned, the Tesla OEM mats are, in fact, WeatherTechs and for some reason are a bit less expensive (and have the Tesla logo on them) so I went that route for the winter.

- - - Updated - - -

Do tell? I thought the 20% discount was only for clothing, not accessories.

I have bought all kinds of clothing and accessories and no one ever thought to mention this to me, so I ended up paying full price. I guess you have to "know" about this secret deal and ask for it???

I bought weather tech mats for my wife's car long time back and they still look pretty new and makes it very easy to clean the car.

I was very close to placing an order on Weather tech website and decided to hold it off for few days. That same day I had to drive to service center to check on some thing and saw weather tech floor mats with Tesla logo.

I was surprised at the price...they were cheaper than weather tech mats but still same brand and quality... I ended up paying right away...lucky for me they had only one in stock.:wink:

I've always swapped out the floor mats on my cars with new ones from Weathertech. I love that I don't have to worry about screwing up the nice carpets, plus they are so much easier to clean. I went with the Tesla version after I checked and saw that Weathertech didn't have Tesla molded ones available. The Tesla version is a hard vinyl/rubber which I'm not a huge fan of. I had the same version on a couple cars back and I always thought they felt a little too plastic-y. My last car I went with an upgraded version that weathertech offered and they felt like rubber, were way more supple and generally fit better. I liked those a lot but Weathertech doesn't (or didn't at the time) seem to offer those for Tesla. I'm fairly happy with the Tesla version of them and would recommend them. It's nice that they are Tesla-branded.

I have bought all kinds of clothing and accessories and no one ever thought to mention this to me, so I ended up paying full price. I guess you have to "know" about this secret deal and ask for it???

From what I've seen elsewhere on the forum the discount (like swag coming with the car) isn't offered everywhere. Must be something that's decided locally.

I also ordered and had the Tesla all-weather mats ready for installation the day I brought my new MS home. I'm happy with them, and do not have problems like some others have reported with the Weathertech back seat mat not fitting if you have New Gen Seats in the front. With just a tad of pushing under the rails, mine fit and look great. I prefer the all-weather mats in my frunk and lower trunk area. I have great confidence clean-up will be a cinch if something should spill, like a casserole or cake, since I always place them now in my MS frunk -- No more worries around corners on the way to a pot luck or family event. ;)

That being said, earlier this week I placed an order with Jerry at ForMyTesla.com for front and rear carpet mats. The Tesla All-weather mats are fine, but I'm finding I don't go to the beach and have the sand problem as much as I used to (which is a devil when it gets down into thick carpet), and here in SoCal, well, I don't have a lot of slush to worry with especially with our current horrific drought situation. I talked Jerry through the Weathertech rear mat issues with New Gen seats, and he has a Tesla OEM set of mats coming in so his carpet guy can adapt their template to be the best fit... He apologized I'd have to wait perhaps 10 days longer for delivery, but he wanted to ensure everything was just right. Additionally, I was able to have a wide color selection of high quality wool, different color vinyl binding, and a selection of thread colors for the custom embroidery he's placing on my mats to my specification. The process was truly custom, and I know they'll be great based on other comments and my experience to-date -- and if i plan to travel to slushy locations, I'll just pop my Tesla All-weather Mats back in for a while. Perfect.

Last edited: