Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to become a P90D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post on this forum so first of all a big hello to everyone!

About 3 weeks ago now I put down my deposit for a P90D. Its due for delivery in March 2016.

The car I am replacing is a Mercedes A45 AMG. Possibly the most impracticable family car one can own!

So thought I would keep it short with a quick hello from the UK. Looking forward to talking all things Tesla.

Hey there TobiasP90D:
I too placed a P90D order recently, on Nov. 30th with a late March to Early April delivery scheduled. My sig shows the configuration. I have a set of TsportLine 19" Cyclone wheels with Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04 tires which will be the Summer tires and wheels. Just had the garage/barn wired with a new 200 Amp service with a HPWC and 14-50R outlet as a backup. It will be a long winter, waiting for the P90D to arrive but I have been hanging around here on TMC for well over a year so what is a few more months....

What is your configuration?

I am pretty jazzed about the new Launch Mode which was just released in 2.9.40 for the P85/90D cars. As time has gone by, the S just gets better and better.

Best
ARTinCT

Sorry for my slow reply everyone, its been that time of year! Main reason for the Tesla is its a company car and I love it. Fast and very low BIK in the UK. I am due delivery late March early April. Exciting times!

Congrats to you @Tobias!!

My P90D is on the truck enroute to Villa Park, IL!! I'm waiting for word from my DES that it has arrived safely! Then when it's ready I'll be driving from Iowa to Villa Park with a friend... hopefully this weekend or by mid next week to accept delivery... difficult wait!

Sorry for my slow reply everyone, its been that time of year! Main reason for the Tesla is its a company car and I love it. Fast and very low BIK in the UK. I am due delivery late March early April. Exciting times!

We should be receiving our P90D's at about the same time.... in fact just was assigned my VIN yesterday!
Some new codes in the VIN...

MOTOR code is 4 which is new prior it was 1 or 2 according to the key for the vin.

BATTERY cod is E perhaps this is the 90 battery with the new Fuse for Ludicrous?

Is your vin similarly coded Tobias?

@ArtInCT, my VIN was initially assigned in early Dec soon after I confirmed my order. However, I noticed a couple of days ago when browsing my Final Payment documents that it had been changed to a 2016 year model plus a few other characters changed. Today after researching, my conclusion is from this 2015 Model S VIN decoder as of 1 Aug 2015: ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG11229.pdf I think they are using basically the same VIN decoder for 2016.
Character 7 is Fuel Type, E=Elecric
Character 8 is Motor/ Drive Unit, 4=Dual Motor - Performance
Character 10 is Model Year, G=2016