Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wow There are 7 P85D's for sale on Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of those cars have been listed for a while, just like the ones listed on Tesla's site. People are not paying the high price that people are asking. I got tired of waiting and bought a P85+ with AP. I will sell it when P85D prices come down to your price range.

for giggles, i called a lender - they'll let you borrow upto 110% value on a vehicle. i gave them a specific vin for a loaded 2014 p85d i was looking at. they said NADA price is $71,750. feels like if any p85d owner totals their vehicle its going to be a huge battle to be able to replace it, no? i.e. insurance not going to pay what it costs to get another one.

for giggles, i called a lender - they'll let you borrow upto 110% value on a vehicle. i gave them a specific vin for a loaded 2014 p85d i was looking at. they said NADA price is $71,750. feels like if any p85d owner totals their vehicle its going to be a huge battle to be able to replace it, no? i.e. insurance not going to pay what it costs to get another one.

Depends on your insurance. You don't have to buy a policy that pays market value. You can get replacement value, or even set value.

Isn't what gap insurance is for?

Clearly NADA has no clue, it's likely giving an average price of all Model S rather than just the P85D. Surely nobody is selling a year old P85D for $71,750. Cars do depreciate most in the first year, but certainly not $50,000 in one year.