Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Spy Shots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest proof: these exclusive images of a 2012 Tesla Model S prototype testing on the street,

HI-RES GALLERY: 2013 Tesla Model S exclusive spy shots

Which is it

In any case... I really do not like the S in black. Since the shots in black began showing up, my excitement for the car has dropped considerably :(

Last edited:
I really do not like the S in black. Since the shots in black began showing up, my excitement for the car has dropped considerably :(

I disagree; I love the official press shots despite their heavy processing. I will agree the shots of beat-up Alphas without their accents do look dull. But then I look again at the official press shots and I think, "that is a beautiful car in black."

That said, despite black being the default color I will always consider in any car purchase, I am really looking forward to the color palette, especially to see if they have some good exotic colors.

Here is a picture of a model S that I don't think I have seen before.

set

Last edited:
Man, the more I look at that spy/alpha shots versus the prototype, the alpha version looks like the less curvy, chubbier sibling. I'm looking at them side by side on my screen. The prototype nose was more rounded top to bottom where the lower part of the alpha nose sticks out more. The hood slides gently to the window and roof in the prototype, the alpha has steeper angle at the window. The rear is really squared off on the alpha where the prototype is smoother. The can change various details from alpha to beta, but it seems like the core angles have changed in a way that really lost the subtle lines in the prototype :(.

The consensus (across threads on this forum) is that, in the alpha, the charge port (temporarily) is somewhere inside while, in the beta and production, it's rumored to be somewhere "cool" and "gadgety" (think of the front Tesla badge popping up to reveal it or some such thing)! :)
Yes. In the "Alpha Workshop" pictures/video that went around a few months ago the charge port was a Roadster connector in the trunk. I'm assuming we won't see charge ports until betas.

You can see the charge plug in the back of the S here. (you may have to blow up the image) Rear hatch is open. On inside of the left rear quarter panel you can see the round black plug on a silver bracket with two orange leads going to it. (just above the foam bumper in the foreground) Looks like interior access only.
teslaalphatourfrontend2.jpg

Of course this would be a silly place to mount a plug in the final version.

Or is it? :wink: