Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10,000 miles in 7 months- who loves ya baby...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone has observations on long running Roadsters. I just hit 10,000 miles in 7 months of ownership. Does anything special happen at higher mileage levels? Love it and the the Tesla crew out of LA.
I'm still running on the factory set of rear tires that are supposed to decompose/wear out at 5K. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm in Las Vegas and the car is primarily on freeways and rarely on mountains.

I'm at 23,000 miles, in 22 months, and am on my 4th set of rear tires (all were the standard base model's AD07 tires). The first wear bar seems to hit the surface right about 6000 miles each time for me. My fronts are still the original tires and look to only be about halfway done based on the wear bars, but the Tesla Ranger pointed out at my 2nd 12/12 service that one of my fronts has worn more on the inside of the tread so I will probably replace it soon, but it looks like with reasonable realignments of the fronts that I could have gotten a lot more miles on them.

No significant problems with my car.

My completed standard mode charge is now at 172-175 ideal miles. I think my last completed range mode charge was about 223 ideal miles.

Last edited:
I'm at 28.000km after 7month too, but on my third set of tires. first my winter tires after 15.000, then the AD07 after 9000 and now TOYO Proxes. No problems with the car except the fans, cooling the PEM and the AC-Motor. Got replaced the PEM fan 4-times and the fan for the AC-Motor twice. The longest distance i made was 420km using 51kWh and still having 40km range left. My ideal range in standard charges varies between 290km and 304km depending on the current (32A or 10A) and 348km in performance mode.

Last edited:
if the batterie is at higher temperature, it can be charged a little higher. I did this once, because i went from Chiasso to Monaco for 360km and i wanted to have any Wh possible. i got 348km in performance mode, thats 4-8km more then in RangeMode

Last edited:
I reached my first 10k miles (in 6 months) yesterday after the Alice's restaurant and coastal tour (pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107478041805778405438/AliceSAndTeslaCoastalDrive111\
911?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKSO9LK1oaHdvgE&feat=directlink
)

My ideal charge in standard mode is usually around 187 miles and range mode 239 miles. I kept getting faults from the tire pressure monitor until they finally replaced it - my log of service visits is below:

5/19 12000 mile/12 month service
8/8 tpms fault - adjusted antenna
9/30 tpms fault - adjusted antenna
10/13 passenger side seat heater button replaced, replaced rear tires @7665 miles
10/25 fpms fault - replaced, abs connector unclipped from mounting bracket rubbing l/f rim - replaced connector and bracket

4 unscheduled visits in 3 months but fortunately the service center is close to a train station and I got my car nicely cleaned each time ;)

I just did 55.000km within one year. But thats nothing compared to hansjörg von Gemmingen who has more then 170.000km on his odometer, done within 2 years.

Really ?! 170k km = 106k miles ! I read earlier that he went past 100k km back in May 11, so he's doing nearly 2,000 miles a week. Maybe he sleeps in the car too.

Do you know what the state of the ESS is now ?

Last edited:
hansjörg v. Gemmingen got a replacement of his EES at 40.000km. His current has now more than 130.000km and can hold still more then 160miles in standard, depending on the charing current. My ESS is doing between 280km (32A) an 290km (10A) in standard mode, range will be above 370km still enough to do a 400km ride with 80-90km/h

Coming up on 20K at 3 years. Recently had my cooling pump replaced and 2 sheets of cells in the battery replaced. Apparently they were not performing properly. I am getting ~181 miles per charge in standard mode. Currenlty on the 3rd set of rear tires and about to replace original front ones. I don't drive hard, but am on hot pavement in Florida all the time.

I'm at 23,308 miles in 2.5 years. I got a new battery pack at 13,885 miles due to multiple sheets "failing the bleed test" (whatever that means). Standard mode charges to 185 ideal miles. I haven't done a range mode charge since getting 238 ideal miles on September 1st (charging at 120V/12A at a hotel in Victoria, BC). Except for road trips, I charge at 240V/32A.

I replaced my rear tires just under 11,982 miles with some tread above the wear bars. My second set tread is at about 2x the wear bars and the fronts are at least 3x. Perhaps my driving has mellowed a little. I have done less drag racing on the second pair, and the first pair was subjected to a track day with the local Elise club.

I'm at 21,296 miles after 17 months. The car is going in to the Tesla workshop today to "replace a battery component that is failing". I do a lot of 200 to 300 mile daily trips. Standard mode charges to 176 ideal miles and range mode to 223, although both vary a lot depending on my driving/charging pattern.

I've had two problems to date, a faulty indicator light (side of car), and a set of brake pads that disintegrated. I'm on my third set of rear tyres, but the front set are original and still have plenty of tread.