Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

kWhs used and Percentage Remaining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm certain this question may have been answered before but I couldn't figure out a way to search for it so here goes.

I have a P85D so I would figure that at 100% charge it would contain 85kwh of power.
So why is it that if % remaining is at say 50%- the kwh used is generally only around 35kwh.

What am I missing ?

I'm certain this question may have been answered before but I couldn't figure out a way to search for it so here goes.

I have a P85D so I would figure that at 100% charge it would contain 85kwh of power.
So why is it that if % remaining is at say 50%- the kwh used is generally only around 35kwh.

What am I missing ?

A lot (not your fault), and Tesla won't really tell any of us owners what actually IS missing. You are probably going to get several responses to this thread, as many other threads have discussed this topic extensively. Basically, the 85 KWh pack has about 77 KWh available for use, which includes all ancillary needs (AC, Heat, etc.). I've included a link below that discusses some of this. Make sure to go through the whole thread, as much of it is speculation.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/55641-Can-t-get-the-numbers-to-add-up

Last edited: