Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X New Englanders - Check in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want to turn this into a Model X thread but it would be great to know as the Model X rolls out who has received one in our area and if they'd be willing to do a show and tell for other X reservation holders or Model S owners. Im on the list for the X but havent gotten the configuration invite yet. I don't want to order until i've seen and driven one.

When I get mine i'll be more than happy to show others further down the queue although by then there may be no more secrets/confusion left.

I'll be shouting about my Sig X arrival here, on twitter, glympse, and in email. There will be a trip from Boston to Midcoast Maine with what I expect will be a lot of stops (and fast starts!). So far, no word on when that might be.

Just to throw the idea out there, I remember that back in 2012 we had a New England Delivery Party for when the Model S's first starting being delivered. I thought that went really well. If anyone volunteers to pick up the gauntlet, it was pretty universally enjoyed.

Thanks again EdA for hosting that, and thanks Cinergi for giving test rides in your car!

New England delivery party - Page 2

Yeah, we should do it again!

And Waiting...

Meanwhile, Happy New Year!
Before sitting in my Model X for the first time I'm practicing driving a big car by commuting in the almost-Deep Blue Metallic Tundra which is about as wide, is a couple feet longer, has no rear view mirror visibility, and weighs about as much (maybe more because it has a frikin* plow). Didn't think I'd be in the situation by the time the snow flell, but here we are. The interim car, a Jetta, is holed up in the garage on all season tires hoping for a buyer (good deal here if you can drive stick, delivery to Dedham available).
*just watched more Bjørn.
image.jpeg

Hi Checking in here too. I have been queued. But no vin yet. I would love the opportunity to see an X. My brother out in Ca. got to see Mark Z's yesterday. I would be more than happy show mine to others if they would like to see an X in Southern NH. I have been waiting since 11/19/12. Happy New Year to everyone! Hopefully this is the year we get our X's!!!!!

I got the invite on Monday as well. I took a leap of faith and submitted my order on Wednesday after going to Dedham Tuesday morning to compare Model S interiors and also got a glimpse of a few Xs being prepped. Last time I had at least sat in a car in Natick and took a test drive in Westchester plus a ride in Robert's beautiful green S before submitting my configuration (thanks again!). The only feature I hadn't seen was the rear jump seats. But I consider nearly three years of S ownership plus lots of time reading TMC and watching every X video I could find over the past month as an extended test drive.

It will confirm automatically next Wednesday. No idea when it will arrive but hope it will be just after snow tire weather and long after Dedham gets a demo car.

Two have been delivered and I think they had another five in the service bays when I was there Tuesday, plus there's a report of one being unloaded Wednesday. At least eight in total have reached our area - though Dedham delivers to a pretty broad area.

Meanwhile the guys at Watertown weren't loafing around but had a much calmer year end than 2014.