Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 2015 year end deals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've been known to boost the discount on inventory vehicles in the past when approaching deadlines.

Minimal discounts is what I'm finding as I look. A $100 here or there, basically a rounding error. They've also reconfigured the regions so watch out for a possible increase in delivery charges too. Maybe they've hit their delivery target for the quarter/year so discounts aren't as forthcoming...

Actually Tesla was running lease deals if ordered by end Nov and took delivery by 12/31/15. In comparison to the original monthly lease price I am saving $5000 over the course of the 3 year lease.

Actually Tesla was running lease deals if ordered by end Nov and took delivery by 12/31/15. In comparison to the original monthly lease price I am saving $5000 over the course of the 3 year lease.

Really? So what were the details? I was in that time frame exactly, and never heard about it. (admittedly, I looked pretty hungry at time of ordering).

Really? So what were the details? I was in that time frame exactly, and never heard about it. (admittedly, I looked pretty hungry at time of ordering).

I received an unsolicited email from the sales guy at my local Tesla showroom on Nov 20, 2015. Among other things he wrote "Our leasing program has been revamped for any custom orders placed in the next week for an end of year delivery, or any NEW inventory vehicles that will be delivered before the end of the year. Savings can get as high as $125 per month!"

I had placed an order for a car just prior to this. Total build price with $1000 referral discount was $97,450. The monthly lease price (3yrs/15K miles per year) I was given was $1235/mos. I then forwarded the email above to the Tesla finance guy and he recalculated the lease down to $1076/month. Same car. The difference in the monthly lease price was because the newer calculation was based on a residual value closer to 63% (as compared to 57% for the original calculation).

I think I'm saying the same thing as ghbmd, but I also heard yesterday from my local store that there is a end-of-year lease special on only 85kwh cars for 6% off the usual lease. This is only good on leases. I also heard from them that there is a $1000 discount for current owners. Sounds pretty nice.

I was just at the my local store, they are increasing lease residuals (+3%) in Canada for any deliveries taken before Dec 31st, and they seem to be selling off inventory (demo's). I've got my eye on a demo (5% off MSRP) 70D titanium metalic with Pano, next gen, auto pilot, premium interior and sub zero.

let me read your mind to figure out what those few things are... my guess is T-shirts.

Didn't feel the need to publicly discuss the actual "deals" I got. Just that there are things that can be done. For instance one of the deals I learned about (but did not take advantage of) was lower lease rates on 85Ds and the flexibility to knock $4500 off an inventory car with 21s if you wanted 19s.

And, no...it wasn't T shirts.

the flexibility to knock $4500 off an inventory car with 21s if you wanted 19s.
DOH! I would so have jumped on that had it been an option! I was told that I had to take the inventory car as-is with no changes, which means I have 21s I don't want and had to pay for my own 19s, so in my case I had to pay an extra $3-4k instead of getting a 4.5k discount for the same thing!

DOH! I would so have jumped on that had it been an option! I was told that I had to take the inventory car as-is with no changes, which means I have 21s I don't want and had to pay for my own 19s, so in my case I had to pay an extra $3-4k instead of getting a 4.5k discount for the same thing!

I was shopping for a inventory car for my father a few months ago and they told me the same thing...gotta take the car as is. This is a year end deal. They're also holding the value of your trade-in longer (through year end) as long as you don't go over 1k more miles.

I was just told by my sales rep that the leasing offer only applied to inventory cars, not custom ordered cars. I ordered an 85D before the end of November and will take delivery by the end of December. Is my sales rep not telling the truth?

I was just told by my sales rep that the leasing offer only applied to inventory cars, not custom ordered cars. I ordered an 85D before the end of November and will take delivery by the end of December. Is my sales rep not telling the truth?

Sorry....to be clear, all of these deals were on inventory cars. Not custom, not CPO, but inventory. We were looking to get something delivered before year end. That's where the "end of the year" deals are.....