Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO available to 40 Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this had been mentioned/noticed previously (I did a quick search).

For the few 40kWh owners out there; I confirmed with Tesla that there no longer appears to be a restriction on S40 owners enabling CHAdeMO. One does have to pay $1,900 for DC Fast Onboard Hardware Activation in addition to the $450 adapter. I'm not sure when this change was made effective.

I believe previously, 40 owners had to enable/upgrade to a 60 ($11,000), then activate SuperCharging ($2500) or DC Fast Charging.

I'm not sure if this had been mentioned/noticed previously (I did a quick search).

For the few 40kWh owners out there; I confirmed with Tesla that there no longer appears to be a restriction on S40 owners enabling CHAdeMO. One does have to pay $1,900 for DC Fast Onboard Hardware Activation in addition to the $450 adapter. I'm not sure when this change was made effective.

I believe previously, 40 owners had to enable/upgrade to a 60 ($11,000), then activate SuperCharging ($2500) or DC Fast Charging.

Very awesome for the 40 owners, while they may not be able to make it between superchargers, they will hopefully be able to make use of local CHAdeMO stations for quick charge up's.