Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Los Angeles folks....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah! Love it. Born in Berkeley but grew up on So. Cal. and it's true, many people act like rain is the apocalypse. Now live in SF Bay Area and wish it would rain more.

Unfortunately, in some areas of SoCal, it is like the apocalypse. I lived in Santa Monica for several years & heavy rain (esp after fire season) meant mudslides & mudslides meant loss of life/property destroyed/roads closed/and sometimes lives lost. And of course in any rainstorm, people drive more slowly on overcrowded freeways & it takes even longer to get somewhere.

Now in NorCal, I'm thrilled as always when it rains, but I don't see similar resulting devastation.

I have found that LA valet's are pretty good with EV's. I used to have to show them how to work my Leaf, but now they all know. I have had my car since September and am not ready to have a valet drive it. I will find a place to park it myself........

This city has a ton of Tesla's and a ton of valets. IHOP has a freaking valet.

I usually just ask the valet how familiar they are with Roadsters (or Model S when I'm lucky enough to have one for a few days) - some are, some aren't. If they aren't, I usually can park it myself (especially if plugging in) and then hand over the keys. I'm always happy to show them so they know what to do the next time.

Also, I live here so the regional question seemed to be appropriate?

You're new to the forum - there's a lot of California-specific information in the regional area. California

I usually just ask the valet how familiar they are with Roadsters (or Model S when I'm lucky enough to have one for a few days) - some are, some aren't. If they aren't, I usually can park it myself (especially if plugging in) and then hand over the keys. I'm always happy to show them so they know what to do the next time.

You're new to the forum - there's a lot of California-specific information in the regional area. California

Thanks, I actually didn't know there were regional sections. I'll look into that.

As someone who is friends with a bunch of the Valets at one of the nicer hotels in LA. They will know how to drive your Tesla. That being said...Never valet if you have the option. I've seen fist hand what happens when things go wrong :cursing: . If the place is busy or has an event going on there will be a lot of cars moving very fast through very tight spaces. Trust me, you don't want to see what happens behind the scenes..

As someone who is friends with a bunch of the Valets at one of the nicer hotels in LA. They will know how to drive your Tesla. That being said...Never valet if you have the option. I've seen fist hand what happens when things go wrong :cursing: . If the place is busy or has an event going on there will be a lot of cars moving very fast through very tight spaces. Trust me, you don't want to see what happens behind the scenes..

The other night I paid the valet to use the lot and parked it myself and was able to hold onto the key. That's what I'll continue to attempt. You're absolutely right, definitely don't want to see what's going on behind the scenes.