Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scanned the thread list and did not see one that deal specifically with information we do or do not have with respect to the timeline for Canadian deliveries of Model X.

I have attempted twice to get such information. The first time was through our store manager in Vancouver, who referred my request to an internal Model X team that I could not follow up with directly. They never got back to me. The second attempt was through NA inside sales, who had been responsive to some U.S. queries. I did receive a response to this one, but it was cursory and essential said nothing.

If anyone in Canada gets better information, or gets invited to configure, please post to this thread!

I am P15 and haven't heard anything. I did get a call from Tesla Montreal a few months ago inviting me to test drive a model S so that I could get a feel for Tesla's electric vehicles. They weren't able to provide much info when I spoke to them on the phone and I felt as though I had more information than them from lurking on TMC.

I also emailed NASales and they replied saying that they had no information yet regarding Canadian timelines.

I test drove an S 85D with autopilot a few weeks ago and the sales guys were pretty confident that the calls were going out for the X, but comments and info on here seem pretty clear that's not the case. I emailed sales again. Will post if they reply with any interesting information.

No ETA yet

We do have price estimations:
Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 3.00.48 PM.png

- - - Updated - - -

My guess at the moment is that we will be invited in january, I should say it's what I am "hoping".

If you know your global position, then you can use the delivery estimates:
Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 3.28.40 PM.png

I reached out to the Vancouver store as well, a month or so ago. They got back to me immediately, but unfortunately it does not seem any timeline is in place yet. I imagine until we see significant deliveries of the Sig X down South, we will not hear any news.

Hello everyone!

I won the right to buy a fully loaded Founders Model X, with a 35K$ USD rebate, from the first referral program that ended on october 31.

My Model X reservation is now appearing in My Tesla ... it appears as a Signature.

Now, I just learned from my Inside Sales contact that he found out why I can't configure it ... I'm located in Canada and Canadian pricing hasn't been out yet for the Model X! So I have to wait for that before I can begin to configure it.

Since it's a Founder's Edition, he promised that it would be the first Model X delivered in Canada. Yes, but when? Thats the big question.

So I asked him a simple question: Will Canadian pricing be out BEFORE Christmas or AFTER Christmas?

He's looking for it ... I'm impatiently waiting for his answer. My contact is very kind and willing to help ... lets just hope he gets some answers.

I will keep you posted.

Sly
ModelX-Founders.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I am Cdn sigX #71, Markham, Ontario. I was one of the last to reserve a Signature Model X on July 22nd. 2014. I expect to be one of the last sigs to be invited to configure. I am anticipating delivery some time in the summer of 2016. HPWC waiting patiently in my garage.

Hello, I am Cdn sigX #71, Markham, Ontario. I was one of the last to reserve a Signature Model X on July 22nd. 2014. I expect to be one of the last sigs to be invited to configure. I am anticipating delivery some time in the summer of 2016. HPWC waiting patiently in my garage.
If there's only 71 reservations, it would not surprise me if all Canadian Signatures get invited to configure at the same time. That's less than 1 day's production worth.

If there's only 71 reservations, it would not surprise me if all Canadian Signatures get invited to configure at the same time. That's less than 1 day's production worth.

We have Sig Model #2 in Canada, and at that time (same time of year) virtually all of the Canadian Signatures were delivered to the service centres (mostly Toronto and Vancouver) the same week, and to customers within just a few weeks. As timf said above, I think it will be the same with the Model X.

The big question in my mind, still, is it just pricing in the way (with CAD dropping like a stone, it is probably a tough call for Tesla), or are they still waiting on Transport Canada for certification. Tesla Canada was quite open about that last time; I do not know why they will not confirm TC certification this time.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I just realized that the $CAD price of a fully loaded X P90D will probably be very close to $200,000!! :scared:

BTW, I just realized that the $CAD price of a fully loaded X P90D will probably be very close to $200,000!! :scared:

I've taken one of the Configurator Spreadsheets and added a conversion rate field to it (it's a direct conversion from the USD price to CDN). I've been watching the price of my preferred configuration (almost fully loaded) surpass $200,000 (currently over $216,000 including 13% tax in Ontario).

I've read that the Canadian dollar is expected to continue it's decline for the next few months and may reach $0.70! It's painful to think that it was just a few years ago that the currencies were at par. And it's painful to think that this vehicle would be so much cheaper if it was delivered a year ago.

If pricing the Canadian Model X is the holdup, I would guess it is possible that the Canadian founders and Sigs might still get their vehicles before USA production reservations. That would seem fair.

It would be fair indeed, but did not happen last time due to Transport Canada delays. That is why I keep harping on that. About 1000 U.S. production units of Model S were delivered before the Canadian Signatures in the fall of 2012. That is why the VINs of the Canadian Sigs start at S02000, rather than closer to S01000, as it "should" have been.

Just saying'... I truly hope it is better this time, even though I did not go for a Sig X.

Sig #3 Canada invited to configure today. Since there is no change in the 2nd row seats being foldable, l'm not ordering. I may try to wait it out.

7 passengers with the ability to fold is a must for me, otherwise it's not what I had in mind of for an ultimate all in one vehicle.

Will post pricing later when I return from the holidays with the family later tonight. But base Sig P90D is $ 163,300 + 1,300 doc fee.

Sig #3 Canada invited to configure today. Since there is no change in the 2nd row seats being foldable, l'm not ordering. I may try to wait it out.

7 passengers with the ability to fold is a must for me, otherwise it's not what I had in mind of for an ultimate all in one vehicle.

Will post pricing later when I return from the holidays with the family later tonight. But base Sig P90D is $ 163,300 + 1,300 doc fee.
Congratulations Paul..Jon from St.John also posted that he was invited today.. Great News...would love to hear more on the pricing of other X models.