Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a few days into my MS ownership and literally the only thing I can complain about is a lack of Spotify. Has anyone heard anything about a possible Tesla/Spotify relationship? Slacker and Tune-In work really well as an Internet radio option but we're really missing that full control over playlists and albums.

You can get more functionality by subscribing to Slacker's premium account, not unlike Spotify's premium accounts. Sign up online and then enter the Slacker credential in the apps section. You will also want to email Tesla to get your Tesla Slacker credentials if you want to change back.

It's worth trying for at one month for $10. I tried it for a bit but I was on the fence and decided to stay with Spotify on my phone via Bluetooth + the default Tesla Slacker account. That is helped by the fact that my mobile phone account gives me a free Spotify premium account.

i have premium spotify, and im currently bluetoothing it with my phone....annoying, but that is what i do. i am able to press the next and back steering wheel button and it can advance to the next song on my playlist on my phone. it used to not do this on previous updates, so i think that is pretty cool!

I do like Slacker, often calling out a group or song with the idea of maybe finding other music. Then I'll make a mental note and follow up with Apple Music on my iPhone. Also, like others noted, Bluetooth my Apple Music via the iPhone to my car. I really like Apple Music better than my old Spotify account. Enjoy.

Me too widoh!

"With today's wireless upgrade of the software you'll be able to experience seamless integration with Spotify in your Model S" (my translation)

It says you can use Spotify premium too if you have an account (i.e. my interpretation is Tesla won't give us a premium account which is fair, I guess).

Me too widoh!

"With today's wireless upgrade of the software you'll be able to experience seamless integration with Spotify in your Model S" (my translation)

It says you can use Spotify premium too if you have an account (i.e. my interpretation is Tesla won't give us a premium account which is fair, I guess).
Ok, cool!

I already have Spotify Premium, so this is very nice :) Awesome news!

We had Rdio which no longer exists as a company (from the 23rd of december) while in the US you have Slacker (?) which still exists. I would guess Spotify will be coming in the US too.
Yes we do have Slacker but I would prefer Spotify - as would many others. Since they appear to have written the app it would be nice if they used it over here, but I am wondering if they got a special deal with Slacker semi-premium accounts due to exclusivity?

Yes, please let this be for the US as well! Slacker is fine for me, but Spotify would be better. I already use it on my computers and phone and it would be great to have the same service in the car too. (I know I can Bluetooth it, but integration into the center screen would be really nice.