Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Used 2015 Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at used 2015 Tesla 85S

Base Price $69900

85k battery 10k

Paint 750

Pano roof $2500

21 Wheels $4500

Alcantara headliner $1500

Wood decor $650

Tech Pack w auto pilot $4500

MSRP 95,500

Has about 10k miles

The rest is the standard car. Am I really missing anything?? What should I be looking for?? Its a private party sale. I can have tesla dealer check it out.

I live in NY will I really save that much in gas??? Drive about 10k a year. Have to justify it over 2016 Audi A6

I assume I would have to get the high speed charger for the house. Bought many high end cars, but not a tesla

What would be a fair price??

As some comparison look at the certified pre owned cars too on teslas website. If you did buy a new or inventory car you'll get the tax credit (7500 in most cases) but used you won't. That car you mention is a 2015 so I'm going to guess you can inherit the 4 year 50k warranty but if not the inventory and cpo cars come with a new warranty too.

The A6 is a nice car for an ICE but it is no Tesla. If you drive only 10K per year like me, don't worry about saving on gas........you will save but it is not the big issue. There are so many advantages to the Tesla, you have to spend some time in one to realize why it is so popular with owners. Price wise the 85S is not the most popular model so its hard to compare prices. Check ebay, cars.com, and autotrader.

What price are you thinking about? I can't even think of suggesting a price that would be fair to you and the seller because it lacks AWD and I'd think many premium car customers buying a car in this price range would prefer to have AWD. Also the car lacks Sound and Air, two must-have options on my list. Because of these two factors I'd say it would be good if you can buy it for around $70K.

If I were you, I'd just pay around $80K and buy a used, CPO, or inventory 85D with AWD, Sound, and Air. It will have better resale value and you will enjoy a car with substantially better acceleration and the safety/performance of AWD.

If you buy the RWD 85 I suggest that you roll in the 4 year Extended Warranty (ESA) to purchase of the car. Only the original owner can add it to the car. This will have your car covered through 2023 and it would be a major selling point if you later decide to sell the car. This would also provide you with a warranty that is almost twice as long as what you can get with a CPO car.

Honestly their gas price "savings" is SOOOOOO inflated lol. even over estimating, the same milage, and increasing gas price. I will never spend 10K a year in gas. and that was with my M5 using premium only where they get 10K saved is beyond me.

The A6 is a nice car for an ICE but it is no Tesla

+1 Bingo.

We can't go back to a gas powered (ICE) car. We are two electric cars now, and likely adding a third when teenager gets full license.
Road trips are so much more enjoyable now, that we are driving more than we ever have. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd just pay around $80K and buy a used, CPO, or inventory 85D with AWD, Sound, and Air

We got an S85 CPO with sound, air, panoramic roof for massive discount off new. Made our first Tesla purchase easier than forking out for new. Then again, once you drive one, you'll eventually want to upgrade, so you might need to budget for that over the next 4 years, it's only getting better. :smile: