Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P-ness envy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked next to a P85D at the supercharger. I have an 85D.

I made the deliberate choice not to get the P85D because I figured it wasn't really worth $30,000 more to impress my friends a few times and then never use it again.

But I can't help this feeling of inferiority parked next to that P85D. If it were a P85, I would be ok, because my D kind of counterbalances his P. But when he has both... it's hard to take.

Maybe I should just rebadge my car. No one would know unless they're Tesla experts, right?

[Footnote for the credulous: :tongue:]

I made the deliberate choice not to get the P85D because I figured it wasn't really worth $30,000 more to impress my friends a few times and then never use it again.

But I can't help this feeling of inferiority parked next to that P85D. If it were a P85, I would be ok, because my D kind of counterbalances his P. But when he has both... it's hard to take.

Maybe I should just rebadge my car. No one would know unless they're Tesla experts, right?

At least they both look the same! :)

I've parked next to a P90D with my lowly standard 85 and felt no envy, and from what I hear the P90D I was born with is actually a 70d

Actually I felt proud to be a member of the EV community, everytime I see an expensive model s I think about how that customer was stolen away from merc/Maserati/Audi

I have a P85 and feel proud that I belong to the EV community. of course, the extra head turns doesn't hurt as well.

i do have a little envy when I see a P90D parked next to me. But from my experience, the owners are more willing to share about their experience driving the Model S rather than boasting about their D.

I've parked next to a P90D with my lowly standard 85 and felt no envy, and from what I hear the P90D I was born with is actually a 70d

Actually I felt proud to be a member of the EV community, everytime I see an expensive model s I think about how that customer was stolen away from merc/Maserati/Audi

That's me. Selling the Ferrari 'cause it's just so much LESS fun to drive than my Tesla. Any ICE car, even a really fancy one, after a while just becomes "another car." The Tesla is always an EXPERIENCE to drive. I just never know what might be in store when I get in and take off somewhere new. Surprises abound. And Teslas, at least around here, are much more incognito. Abundant Power and Stealth in one beautiful package is highly addictive.

I have a lowly 85 and would like to offer some advice if the OP will accept the thoughts of a poor man with a cheap Tesla?

There is always someone with a better car than me.
That is what I learned so far in life.
End of advice that I am qualified to share.

Sell it while the D's are in hot demand and not many on the market.

My grandfather said to me when I was young "I cried when I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet." I've never forgot it and it gave me great perspective on life.

I envy a man with a good family, not a good car. (That sounds odd because I have a good family but you know what I mean.)

I also envy the wit of the OP for the title of this thread. It sure gave me a laugh.