Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Servicing in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my first annual service at the Sydney service centre today. It is about two weeks early, but Jesse was keen to get cars done before Christmas. Coincidently I have done almost 20k kms in that time also.

With wheel alignment (rear wheels were a bit out of tolerance) the service came to $633.

I was offered 4 year or 8 year service plan, but stuck with paying per visit.

Current costs per visit (from memory) are approximately:
1st service $500
2nd service $700
3rd service $500
4th service $900

Car came back washed and ready for another year (though surprisingly hadn't been charged)

I dropped the car in this morning, was given a lift to Macquarie Park and they dropped the car back to me this afternoon.

They have been very busy this week with a lot of new cars and the seat belt distraction. I suspect in this case the extra time charging would have made it more difficult to get the car back to you...

What made you decide to not pay up front? I've got mine scheduled for Monday, but still have not decided..

Lots of new cars there today most being charged with the wall connectors out back. I have charged my car from an exterior outlet in teeming rain with no issues on a number of occasions now. Since I don't do anything link 20k a year, I will be paying as I go.

Wow, I have no recollection of being offered a service plan- was this at purchase????

Service plan was offered to me for first time today, but I think someone mentioned was up on My Tesla. I think it was about $200 saving for the 4 year plan.

As far as I could see the cost saving was only benefit (and saving over that time is probably equal to opportunity cost on the money) and you are locked in more rigidly to timing of services.

Had my first annual service at the Sydney service centre today. It is about two weeks early, but Jesse was keen to get cars done before Christmas. Coincidently I have done almost 20k kms in that time also.

With wheel alignment (rear wheels were a bit out of tolerance) the service came to $633.

I thought Tesla's were supposed to be cheaper to maintain? $633 seems like a lot for a one year old car?

It's more than my BMW's first services...they're usually around $450 for most 3 Series (usually 323's, 330's etc.), X3's (2.0 diesels), 1 Series (2.0 petrols) etc. I've had over 13 BMW's over the past 20 years and for a first service $633 is on the high side.

In saying that Tesla has always said their service, when announced, would be comparable to most European comparable cars...if compared to a X5/5 Series, a more fair comparison, I think that would be a correct statement.

-ECIT

It's more than my BMW's first services...they're usually around $450 for most 3 Series (usually 323's, 330's etc.), X3's (2.0 diesels), 1 Series (2.0 petrols) etc. I've had over 13 BMW's over the past 20 years and for a first service $633 is on the high side.

In saying that Tesla has always said their service, when announced, would be comparable to most European comparable cars...if compared to a X5/5 Series, a more fair comparison, I think that would be a correct statement.

-ECIT
First service is $500.