Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ask Tesla to make active spoiler available for 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X page lists it as a feature for both 90D and P90DD, but design studio says it's P90D only. Is this just another trick Tesla trying to push more people to P90D?

I asked Elon on twitter, feel free to retweet!
junda on Twitter:

Screenshot_20151126-113136.png

I agree, it should be available to 90D.

For the Model-S, the spoiler is for performance enhancement and make sense for P model only. But for the Model-X that spoiler is adding 1.6% range improvements.

BUT, maybe the 90D have a fixed spoiler. It's my guess since I cannot believe they would impact the range on their "range optimal" model.

We definitively need more information

Yes you could get it but it's a $20K option. It's the same for the carbon fiber spoiler on the S. One of the purposes, as you mentioned, is to make the more expensive models different enough as an incentive for people to put out the extra $20K. I don't think there is a chance that Tesla will change that. I mentioned it in another thread Porsche must have 5 or 6 different types of spoiler on all those 911 variations. You could always tell the model level by the size of the spoiler. On the other hand all of these models are capable of going above 180 mph so it is really not only for performance purpose.

I agree, it should be available to 90D.

For the Model-S, the spoiler is for performance enhancement and make sense for P model only. But for the Model-X that spoiler is adding 1.6% range improvements.

BUT, maybe the 90D have a fixed spoiler. It's my guess since I cannot believe they would impact the range on their "range optimal" model.

We definitively need more information

Another weird thing is my 90D pic shown in design studio has the active spoiler. But I just assume it's a small bug.

Another weird thing is my 90D pic shown in design studio has the active spoiler. But I just assume it's a small bug.

Hi Junda. If the P90D picture don't shot the spoiler, and the 90D do show the spoiler ... then maybe the spoiler is just always up. For me it would be ok since I am not confident the spoiler will be able to retract in winter in my area. Sometime after long distance travelling, my Audi-Q5 back have 2-3 inches of hard snow packed.

Can you confirm you don't see the spoiler on the P90D ?

Just a quick comment that I had my detailer wrap the spoiler top and painted sides to protect it when the hatch is raised with a low ceiling and I forget to reset the distance for stopping the hatch.

The Model S carbon fiber spoiler can take occasional hits and survive nicely. These spoilers are going to require more care, IMHO.