Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open EVSE mod for Roadster PEM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20151120004115.jpg

The button and the blue screen on this mod allows you to control the current. I guess it's one less box in the trunk.

I don't see the point, you still have to carry the cable around with you which I find to be the bulkiest part. If you had a quick cable disconnect on the evse box that would be a better solution for that you can stow the box / cable in areas of the car you wouldn't be able to as before due to one clunky cable/box piece.

I use the model-S mobile charger which has a very small foot-print and the CAN-SR for my mobile solution.

Currently have a JuiceBox that's being built up with the 70amp Clipper Creek HPWC cable which I'm going to use as my home solution. Selling my 2nd gen Roadster UMC which will fund the JuiceBox. Nice that the Juicebox has wifi and also can be user configured to run at 80amps when hardwired to the home with the properly wired input cable/breaker/electrical box. The guys at Emotorworks / Juicebox were blown away with how thick the 70amp Roadster / Clipper Creek charging cable was that's for sure. Great company and people who work there.

I also have an extra Clipper Creek HPWC that I never installed, don't know if I need to or will ever do that since I have the Juicebox that'll meet the same requirements but with a way smaller footprint.