Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego based car washes/detailers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason these aren't the easiest things to review and research online. As such I'm hoping someone here has some first hand experience they can share (as well as some suggestions as to where to go!) regarding getting their Tesla washed/detailed in tje San Diego area (must service Southern SD county. I'm tired of half-asked jobs and am willing to pay for a good job, but it's difficult to tell who is talk and who actually walks the walk so to speak. Any advice would be appreciated.

For some reason these aren't the easiest things to review and research online. As such I'm hoping someone here has some first hand experience they can share (as well as some suggestions as to where to go!) regarding getting their Tesla washed/detailed in tje San Diego area (must service Southern SD county. I'm tired of half-asked jobs and am willing to pay for a good job, but it's difficult to tell who is talk and who actually walks the walk so to speak. Any advice would be appreciated.

I've had mine cared for by a company down in San Diego (I'm in OC) and continue on with the same person who is no longer with them. He does incredible work, anything else i can say would just be understating the quality of his work, and he will come to you. I spoke with him and he's fine with posting his contact information here. I highly recommend giving him a call. Jason @ (760) 331-3893.

Elite Finish Detailing: Auto Detailing |Elite Finish Detailing . Off Miramar Road and they also have a mobile service.

They've worked on over 100 Teslas, including mine. They are very detail-oriented and very good.

Elite Finish Detailing: Auto Detailing |Elite Finish Detailing . Off Miramar Road and they also have a mobile service.

They've worked on over 100 Teslas, including mine. They are very detail-oriented and very good.
I'll second the recommendation for Elite Finish Detailing. They did the CQuartz Finish on my car.

Wes is a nice guy and he loves Teslas. He's also done a lot of work for the Tesla service/delivery center, which just down the road.

Not being Biased but you do have 2 amazing detailers in SD. This is coming from someone who knows the ropes a bit. There is Adam from 5 point Protection and Dann Willliams of Big Ds Mobile Detailing. One is a shop and one of the best in Ceramic Pro (Adam) and there is Dann, he is Mobile, an amazing guy. who does the work himself. Even the Tesla center has him on speed dial. These guys arent cheap and they are the best I know. There is a few others like Xavier Beltran from Time to Shine but I have yet to see his work in person. Anyways I hope this helps

I know this is bumping a thread from the dead. However, I would like to give my experience and input on this as I too was looking for a detailer in the san diego area to take care of my Tesla. I thought I knew a thing or 2 when it came to car care and I was so wrong. After talking to professionals in the trade I learned so much that this was a science in itself. I went to multiple detailers and spoke to them so I could make the best decision I could. I learned my lesson going to cheap detailers; that a quality job you must pay for especially if you want it to last.

Now most of the major shops I went too the owners don't really do too much of the detailing. It is mostly paid workers that didn't obviously have the same experience and expertise the shop owners do. Something important to me is if I am paying for the expertise of the shop owner I want that experience, not some person who decided to pick up a buffer one day. Another thing I did not like is almost every detailer I went too, whatever coating system they had they said it was the best and they dismissed any other brands except 1 guy. Which I understand from a business point of view. I looked at all their work and saw how they conducted business. Which I have to say, all of the work I saw from the different detailers it all looked great.

1 detailer stood out to me. I think it was the way he approached detailing in the sense he was very curious not just about the car but about me as well. He took the time to get to know the car and myself. He said the reason why it is important, is because building a complete and thorough profile allows him to figure out what is best for my application instead of just selling me something I may not need. During the entire consultation process he not only explained all the processes to me but also why each process needed to be done. He also had tools that no other detailer had that I saw and they blew me away. Another thing that impressed me was the fact he was the only detailer I came across that carried a lot of different professional and amateur coatings. So he wasn't really selling me on 1 brand. He said the reason he carries so many is because he wants to give his clients options; as well as depending on the applications certain brands just work better than others. Which he was absolutely right! Apparently he has been on the forefront of ceramic coatings every since they debuted. He has been using them before most of these major brands even existed. He has been professionally detailing for roughly 20 years and I can tell you it shows. D'elegance Detailing is your 1 stop shop. They do it all from anything detailing, window tint, clear bra PPF, wraps, as well as other enhancement things. I would recommend you give him a call 619-718-0031. What is funny is he even recommended me do my research with other detailers in the area so I could make an informed decision. I mean who does that lol?

Oh and btw, he is the only detailer in the area right now that has this technologically advanced self heal coating system. Kind of like the scratch healing clear bra but its not a clear bra. It is a coating. He showed it to me and it was amazing! I think I may have him re coat my cars with it cause apparently over time it looks better than the rest due to the self heal.

To add to that and my previous reply here. The person I recommended, Jason, was an owner of Elite Finish Detailing with Wes. Awhile back they decided to go their seperate ways (I have no details on reasons) and Wes purchased his half of the business from him. While Jason was normally the one who worked on my car, Wes also worked on it a couple of times and they both do amazing work.

Having said that, I recently took my new P100D down to see Jason who did a wrap on the front bumper and mirrors followed with a self-healing ceramic coating (not wrap) on the rest of the car. It looks amazing. It hasn't been very long but just this past weekend I noticed a small wash scratch on one of the rear quarter panels, and just as I'd been told applying heat to it immediately healed the scratch and it vanished in seconds. I can't recommend them enough. My previous P85 was dark blue and he took care of it through my entire 4 years and 85k miles of ownership and it continues to look absolutely amazing to this day as well.

The website for his new company can be found at: http://www.luxautodetailing.com

To add to that and my previous reply here. The person I recommended, Jason, was an owner of Elite Finish Detailing with Wes. Awhile back they decided to go their seperate ways (I have no details on reasons) and Wes purchased his half of the business from him. While Jason was normally the one who worked on my car, Wes also worked on it a couple of times and they both do amazing work.

Having said that, I recently took my new P100D down to see Jason who did a wrap on the front bumper and mirrors followed with a self-healing ceramic coating (not wrap) on the rest of the car. It looks amazing. It hasn't been very long but just this past weekend I noticed a small wash scratch on one of the rear quarter panels, and just as I'd been told applying heat to it immediately healed the scratch and it vanished in seconds. I can't recommend them enough. My previous P85 was dark blue and he took care of it through my entire 4 years and 85k miles of ownership and it continues to look absolutely amazing to this day as well.

The website for his new company can be found at: San Diego Auto Paint Protection | Opti-coat Pro | Clear bra

What a small world. I went and talked to Lux as well when I was thinking about a detail. Jason wasn't their, but his partner was and his name is Nolan. Great group of guys there. How they explained it was although they install the coatings they are actually the distributor for Feynlab. So eventually they will just be selling the products to the professional detailers and the detailers will be the ones who install it. Kind of like how Ceramic Pro has their setup. 1 place sells the product and the other installs it.

I went to both Wes at Elite Finish and Lux and from what I understand is they parted ways due to a disagreement about direction for the business. I guess Wes only wanted to focus on selling just CQuartz and I think Opti coat and Jason wanted to broaden their horizons. I could be wrong, but that is what it sounded like. There is probably more to the story. My detailer is friendly with both shops and his whole standpoint is as long as profesional detailers deliver awesome results with awesome customer service that is all he cares about. He wants to make sure that the service we get is second to none. Which to me was very important cause it really seems like he cares and he isn't doing this just to make a buck.

The coating is called Feynlab. I will most likely be having him do my cars with it. It is pretty neat stuff!