Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers coming to I-81 corridor in Northern Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thankfully the supercharger dead zone on the I-81 corridor from Winchester and points south is soon going to be history. Supercharge.info is now showing permits being pulled at Lexington and Wytheville, with 8 stalls each. Now I can finally drive down to Nashville from Northern Virginia using nothing but superchargers.

supercharge_info.jpg

Great news! We sorely need superchargers on the 77/64 corridor in Ohio and West Virginia. There's rumors of one at the 77/70 exchange in Ohio but I haven't heard anything else about it. The only one on 77 is currently in Macedonia which can't get me anywhere near the pending Wytheville stop. That'd make a run down to Charlotte totally feasible.

Great news... just saw the new permits on I81. I will be able to travel from Atlanta to Hagerstown Md without using I95. Same for those going further north wishing to avoid the tolls on I95, NJP, etc. The two new ones and my Model X should arrive about the same time. YEA!!!