Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Norway and long waiting times for repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did adjust the volume yesterday and the scroll button on the left side stopped working. So I can no longer adjust volume, mute music from the wheel. And also can’t change views or reset the screen.

Ok no big deal I did think since the service center should be able to fix this soon. But no, Tesla Norway say I must wait for my 20 000 km service I have scheduled for march next year to fix this. Since they are overbooked.

Tesla Norway have big issues with long waiting times (4-5 months) and this is just not acceptable. My car have already been in and out of the service center many times because of other issues and leaks and the service center did often just make things they "fix" even worse!

And now this issue and the ridiculous wait time just make me want to buy something else. Its really annoying to have bough my first new car ever (P85D delivered in April 2015) And I feel the service is worse than you get after buying a old $500 used car at the corner :(

I did adjust the volume yesterday and the scroll button on the left side stopped working. So I can no longer adjust volume, mute music from the wheel. And also can’t change views or reset the screen.

Ok no big deal I did think since the service center should be able to fix this soon. But no, Tesla Norway say I must wait for my 20 000 km service I have scheduled for march next year to fix this. Since they are overbooked.

Tesla Norway have big issues with long waiting times (4-5 months) and this is just not acceptable. My car have already been in and out of the service center many times because of other issues and leaks and the service center did often just make things they "fix" even worse!

And now this issue and the ridiculous wait time just make me want to buy something else. Its really annoying to have bough my first new car ever (P85D delivered in April 2015) And I feel the service is worse than you get after buying a old $500 used car at the corner :(
Wow, that is quite unacceptable.

Try rebooting to see if that helps:

There are two ways to reboot, and you can follow both methods. One uses the top buttons, one above the left scroll wheel, and one above the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel. Hold those down simultaneously for up to 30 seconds, until you see the screen reinitialize, then release the buttons. The other method is to use the two scroll wheels to the left and right on the steering wheel. After the first screen reinitializes, afterward hold both of the scroll wheels down for up to 30 seconds, then release them.

That's worse that I thought and I knew times weren't great. There are people in the uk waiting for panels with their car off the road and after 6 weeks they've not even been given an estimated date for delivery. Some Insurance companies are now refusing to insure tesla because of the delays.

Try rebooting to see if that helps:

There are two ways to reboot, and you can follow both methods. One uses the top buttons, one above the left scroll wheel, and one above the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel. Hold those down simultaneously for up to 30 seconds, until you see the screen reinitialize, then release the buttons. The other method is to use the two scroll wheels to the left and right on the steering wheel. After the first screen reinitializes, afterward hold both of the scroll wheels down for up to 30 seconds, then release them.
The scroll button itself is broken. The button did just go inside the steeringwheel and is deattached from the steeringwheel. Sorry i did not write that in the first post.

That's worse that I thought and I knew times weren't great. There are people in the uk waiting for panels with their car off the road and after 6 weeks they've not even been given an estimated date for delivery. Some Insurance companies are now refusing to insure tesla because of the delays.

I am in the UK and am looking into the feasibility of buying a Model X but reading about these issues makes one wary. Do you have any links to UK Tesla forums where I can look into this more. Most of the forums I have read are more about USA models. NOT much information for issues in the UK regarding service that I could find.
By panels what do you mean.... Screen or body panels. What insurers are refusing to insure Tesla? Looks like you have some experience in the UK issues. Any pointers much appreciated please.