Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Savings for X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
I have a theory. Now that General Production details are out, you can make an argument that for the X, Signature reservation holders save $6,750 versus a comparibly equipped GP X. Here's my math:

Options GP "Sig'ish"
P90D $115,500
Titanium $1,000
22" Silver $4,500
Tan or Black Leather $2,500
Figured Ash Décor $750
7 Seat Interior $4,000
Autpilot $2,500
Premium Upgrades Pkg $4,500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Towing Pkg $750
High Amperage Charger $1,000
Destination & Document $1,200

Total $140,700

Options Signature
P90D $132,000
Towing Pkg $750
Destination & Document $1,200

Total $133,950

Savings if Signature $6,750

Is my math off? If not, kudos to Tesla for going from a Signature Tax from the Model S to a Signature Savings for the Model X!!

View attachment Model X Options.xlsx

That's the reward for their patience and the $40K they haven't seen for years. I should have asked those who canceled their sig reservation to sell theirs to me.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same delta and the only things holding me back from confirming my sig res are

1. What is the autopilot hardware and sensors
2. dark grey 20" turbines

Other than that I'm ready to drop 140K and fly away happy ;)

Yeah, I'm seeing the same delta and the only things holding me back from confirming my sig res are

1. What is the autopilot hardware and sensors
2. dark grey 20" turbines

Other than that I'm ready to drop 140K and fly away happy ;)

Yeah - where's the dark grey wheels for Signature cars!?! I know, first world problems.

Multi-coat red with grey wheels - *swoon*

Yeah - where's the dark grey wheels for Signature cars!?! I know, first world problems.

Multi-coat red with grey wheels - *swoon*
From what I understand, getting the wheels professionally powder-coated aftermarket is not all the complicated (nor as expensive as the $4500 upgrade on the production model to go from 20" silver to 22" grey wheels). We recently had some work done on our Highlander and there was some rim damage. The shop sent the wheel out to be powder-coated and it came back looking like new. If we get a black or blue X, I'm planning on getting the wheels powder-coated after purchase, either grey or black. The Model X looks much better with 22" wheels than 20" but 22-inch is not a good option in NYC with the state of our roads.

I think the reason it looks worse with the 20-inch wheels is that those silver 20-inch wheels contrast so much with the tires and this accentuates their smaller size - they look under-sized for the car. I'm hoping that with 20" black wheels, black tires, the X will look more like it does with true 22-inch wheels on it.

Plus how cool did Elon's car look on stage (and I believe these were actually 21-inch wheels)?

SAM_2676-elons-x-doors-closed.jpg
SAM_2677-elons-x-open-doors.jpg

Savings if Signature $6,750

Is my math off? If not, kudos to Tesla for going from a Signature Tax from the Model S to a Signature Savings for the Model X!!
You're close. But the discount is actually a little bigger for Sigs. A fully loaded production car with premium paint, Ludicrous mode, premium interior, 72 Amp charger and all the options rings up at $152,450. A fully loaded Sig with Ludicrous mode, tow package and Cold Weather package totals $144,950. So it's actually a $7,500 discount. Plus they can get signature red paint which has additional value, just due to its exclusivity.

Go Sigs! Tesla thanks you for your $40K interest-free loans for three and a half years!

Of course, $40K invested in TSLA stock in February 2012 (month of the X prototype reveal) would now be worth enough to buy *two* fully loaded Model Xes. But that's probably not a fair comparison. Many Tesla owners and depositors also own TSLA in various amounts.

I have created a spreadsheet where you can configure model X and see price of signature and production variants.
It appeats that Signature version gives you options worth $24000 for $16500.
Therefore if you are interested in more than 68% of the options, and want Performance version, signature would be better.

I have created a spreadsheet where you can configure model X and see price of signature and production variants.
Therefore if you are interested in more than 68% of the options, and want Performance version, signature would be better.

True about P version but we don't know about non-P versions because they were not offered for sig model.

Thanks for putting that spreadsheet together Jano - that's useful information directly applicable to some questions my wife and I have, and a choice we need to make.