Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stolen Tesla License Plate Frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed earlier today that my Tesla License Plate Frame (the one that comes with your new car) was missing. There is no way it could have fallen off by itself, so some idiot actually unscrewed my license and frame, took off the frame, and put my license back. It was a bit annoying at first, but now I laugh at the low life who actually did it. What could he/she do with it? Put it on their non-Tesla vehicle?

Luckily my road trip passes a service center, and I was able to get another one. Excellent Tesla service!

So I noticed earlier today that my Tesla License Plate Frame (the one that comes with your new car) was missing. There is no way it could have fallen off by itself, so some idiot actually unscrewed my license and frame, took off the frame, and put my license back. It was a bit annoying at first, but now I laugh at the low life who actually did it. What could he/she do with it? Put it on their non-Tesla vehicle?

Luckily my road trip passes a service center, and I was able to get another one. Excellent Tesla service!
i just looked on eBay and couldn't find one for sale ...

Cruiser 81230:
419TG3HNP8L.jpg

You mean debadged or actually pried off?
The T "hood ornament" was gone and there was a significant amount of trauma around the edges of where it should have been. I'm speculating that it was pried off, but I honestly don't know for sure.

ETA: to be clear it wasn't my car, but I still felt sympathy pains for the owner.

Last edited: