Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-81 in PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. Interstate 81 is a vital North/South artery in the East, and is typically a bit more docile to drive than I-95. Over the last year, Route 81 has gotten plenty of love in NY (Syracuse and Binghamton). And plenty of love in MD (Hagerstown). And plenty of love in VA (Strasburg, Lexington permitted, and Wytheville permitted today!). Can anyone see what is missing? What is the problem with I-81 in Pennsylvania? Yes we know how PA has dragged their feet in places like Whitehall and more recently Tannersville...but connecting NYS and Canada with VA and points south seems like it should be a priority...for Tesla and PA!

I guess chademos don't count :)

Not to me! If Tesla threw the adapter in for free, sure. But from what I hear on here, seems most Chademo chargers have their difficulties and certainly aren't on par with superchargers.

I think Tesla is doing a great job building out the SC network (Averaging 2 per week in the US.) I'm sure PA is on the map to receive some love soon. Doesn't help I live in PA!

Definitely not on par, that's for sure. This would be a 30 minute stop at a supercharger, and it's a little more than an hour instead. I'm definitely looking forward to Allentown and Harrisburg going online.

If it works at all. I had a CHAdeMO fail on my way back from PA this weekend (wouldn't pair with the car). Fortunately there was also a j1772 that worked on site so I could slow charge and limp home. I really don't like counting on these for road trips.

OK. Interstate 81 is a vital North/South artery in the East, and is typically a bit more docile to drive than I-95. Over the last year, Route 81 has gotten plenty of love in NY (Syracuse and Binghamton). And plenty of love in MD (Hagerstown). And plenty of love in VA (Strasburg, Lexington permitted, and Wytheville permitted today!). Can anyone see what is missing? What is the problem with I-81 in Pennsylvania? Yes we know how PA has dragged their feet in places like Whitehall and more recently Tannersville...but connecting NYS and Canada with VA and points south seems like it should be a priority...for Tesla and PA!

If locations are dragging feet or otherwise a problem Tesla will focus elsewhere. There are still lots of places to fill in.