Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Death of RWD Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that the Model X will not be offered with RWD. Anybody hear if RWD is going to be phased out for the MS? I plan on upgrading my "Classic" MS in the near future and have grown to rely on the large Frunk. And being a Calif/AZ resident, AWD is not a priority.
There was that question when the 70D came out. Subsequently Tesla came out with the RWD 70. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I could be wrong, but I don't know any pure RWD SUVs, which is what the X is.

IMHO, aside from the rare exception, luxury SUVs are all AWD, because the buyers expect it.
Sedans are a whole other story.

- - - Updated - - -

I see that the Model X will not be offered with RWD. Anybody hear if RWD is going to be phased out for the MS? I plan on upgrading my "Classic" MS in the near future and have grown to rely on the large Frunk. And being a Calif/AZ resident, AWD is not a priority.
FYI, with the changes to the CA incentives (depending on your income), you may want to move on this upgrade before the year is out. And the referral credit also expires on 12/31. That is a few grand right there.