Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav snail trail?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched but could not find a thread, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

Lately, my kids and I have noticed that when I navigate to a destination, there is a "snail trail," their words, from where we've come, but no blue line to where we are headed. And sometimes there's an empty patch in the middle if there is a nav trail. I thought maybe the connection was just slow, but everything else seems to work fine. And it never catches up. I also haven't been seeing traffic colors indicated lately, and yes, the traffic info is highlighted to on.

This is in the main 17" screen. The smaller one in the IC still shows the segments fine.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
I searched but could not find a thread, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

Lately, my kids and I have noticed that when I navigate to a destination, there is a "snail trail," their words, from where we've come, but no blue line to where we are headed. And sometimes there's an empty patch in the middle if there is a nav trail. I thought maybe the connection was just slow, but everything else seems to work fine. And it never catches up. I also haven't been seeing traffic colors indicated lately, and yes, the traffic info is highlighted to on.

This is in the main 17" screen. The smaller one in the IC still shows the segments fine.

Happens to me too. For several software versions now, unfortunately.

A center console reboot usually fixes it for a while.

Yes I've noticed it too but only the last few days.

I have noticed this as well. Annoying for sure. I think zooming in or out sometimes fixes it, but always seemed to revert back to it's wonky state at the previous zoom view.

Thankfully the dash nav view always seems to function normally in these instances.

I have noticed this as well. Annoying for sure. I think zooming in or out sometimes fixes it, but always seemed to revert back to it's wonky state at the previous zoom view.

Thankfully the dash nav view always seems to function normally in these instances.

I don't think the dash nav shows traffic though. Another workaround is to bring up Tesla-Waze in the web browser over the top of the Nav screen on the 17" which also shows traffic and more.