Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait times at some Service Centers becoming comical? Basic warranty repair 45 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the weekend my driver side front window became basically unusable. When I attempt to shut the window black goo comes up, and the window almost always automatically lowers itself again. After a bunch of attempts eventually I managed to get the window to shut... but I won't dare to open that window until Tesla fixes the issue. This makes it difficult to get into the parking garage at work (badge required) or to get the mail from our mailbox (a mile from our house) and all the other reasons to open a window.

Having paid for every possible service/ranger and warranty option available when we bought the car I would have expected a quick fix, a loaner if it is going to take any significant time, etc, etc...

I emailed my local service center [and it is great that they are on email] but was somewhat disappointed by the reply:
Thank you for emailing us at Palo Service Center. I would like to book an appointment for your driver’s window concern. I would be happy to set up this service for you.
Our first available is on Thursday, January 7[SUP]th[/SUP] at 8:00AM, would this date and time work for you?
Will you need a ride to and from work that day?
Reminds me a little of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN3z3eSVG7A#t=44
Now, it isn't the local service center employee's fault that they are so flooded that they can't make my window functional for 45 days... but when is Tesla going to fix this sort of thing? Wait times of over a month seem to be the normal thing for some service centers.

Is there a web page listing wait times for the various service centers? Even the DMV has that for their offices, and you aren't waiting 45 days there.
Should I just call around to all the local service centers to try to find something earlier? Is that likely to help? I'll be down in Carmel later this week, so maybe I should try Seaside?
I was hoping to trade in my S for my signature X before January 7... but now I'm not so sure they can take my trade in if I need to wait that long for a trade in valuation... and it would be difficult to sell privately with a non-working window. This leaves me rather stuck [like my window I guess].