Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thread got moved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why was this moved to a subforum?

Then they wonder why this forum has a 'fanboy' reputation...

What in the world are you talking about? If anything, this thread should be merged with the existing thread (like countless others that have been started today). Here's where it is right now:
Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 4.38.57 PM.png

Maybe before you're so quick to sit in judgment, you might be a little more sure of the chair you're sitting in.

What in the world are you talking about? If anything, this thread should be merged with the existing thread (like countless others that have been started today). Here's where it is right now:
View attachment 101550

Maybe before you're so quick to sit in judgment, you might be a little more sure of the chair you're sitting in.

Yes THIS thread is in the main S forum, the thread linked in what I quoted was moved. Maybe if YOU weren't so quick to jump into defense mode, you'd have noticed that. (I'll spare you a screenshot)

This one likely would not have been created if that one wasn't moved. So, please, do explain the point in moving a recall topic to a subforum about ordering and delivery? A recall affects current owners, not those ordering and dealing with delivery.

Edit: it had been moved to the ordering and delivery subforum when I made that post. Glad to see it has been moved back to the main forum (with relevant topics merged). I still haven't received the email, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known about the recall, and if it was buried on the ordering subforum I wouldn't have seen this thread.

Yes THIS thread is in the main S forum, the thread linked in what I quoted was moved. Maybe if YOU weren't so quick to jump into defense mode, you'd have noticed that. (I'll spare you a screenshot)

This one likely would not have been created if that one wasn't moved. So, please, do explain the point in moving a recall topic to a subforum about ordering and delivery? A recall affects current owners, not those ordering and dealing with delivery.

Edit: it had been moved when I made that post. Glad to see it has been moved back (with relevant topics merged). I still haven't received the email, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known about the recall, and if it was buried on the ordering subforum I wouldn't have seen this thread.

I just find it humorous that you'd accuse the site of trying to hide a thread that is full of kudos for how Tesla handled the situation.

If my read on the situation was wrong, then why was it moved?

I find it hilarious you came through, blindly, with a cape on to defend its honor.

Oh stop. This is beyond ridiculous. It could have been put there originally by the OP that started that thread. It could have been moved mistakenly when a mod was merging things (nights like this are fast and furious behind the scenes). Look at the top forum and see if it looks to you like critical threads are being hidden.

Just ridiculous. I'm done engaging.

If my read on the situation was wrong, then why was it moved?

I find it hilarious you came through, blindly, with a cape on to defend its honor.

Just reading all this now, and trying to look at the question you are asking objectively, my guess is that in trying to merge several threads that sprung up on this topic, the merge that you took issue with into that particular sub-forum, may have been an interim merge, as the threads were all being merged together. I'm not sure of this, of course, and have no first-hand knowledge of how thread-merging actually takes place, but I think it is somewhat logical that if multiple threads exist, the mods may want to first merge two together, and then merge that newly merged one with a third, etc.

As for Bonnie coming to the mods' / site's defense, had I read your post when it was made I may have done the same. I really don't think the mods make an effort to "hide threads", and even if one wanted to believe that they did, I think you'd have to agree that they are certainly smart enough not to try to hide a discussion about a story this big.

Oh stop. This is beyond ridiculous. It could have been put there originally by the OP that started that thread. It could have been moved mistakenly when a mod was merging things (nights like this are fast and furious behind the scenes). Look at the top forum and see if it looks to you like critical threads are being hidden.

Just ridiculous. I'm done engaging.

Be done engaging because you were wrong from the beginning.

It wasn't posted in that subforum to begin with; I already said that I heard about the recall because of the thread and I don't go into the delivery subforum often. It wasn't merged in the night either, but try to drum up excuses all you want. Bottomline, it was rightfully moved back so more owners like myself could be alerted. Please miss me with your condescending tone, insanely focused on defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Just reading all this now, and trying to look at the question you are asking objectively, my guess is that in trying to merge several threads that sprung up on this topic, the merge that you took issue with into that particular sub-forum, may have been an interim merge, as the threads were all being merged together. I'm not sure of this, of course, and have no first-hand knowledge of how thread-merging actually takes place, but I think it is somewhat logical that if multiple threads exist, the mods may want to first merge two together, and then merge that newly merged one with a third, etc.

As for Bonnie coming to the mods' / site's defense, had I read your post when it was made I may have done the same. I really don't think the mods make an effort to "hide threads", and even if one wanted to believe that they did, I think you'd have to agree that they are certainly smart enough not to try to hide a discussion about a story this big.

You're running through mental gymnastics to deny the obvious. I noticed the move before I left work, once home, the thread still hadn't been moved back, that's when I posted. I posted at 7:04p quoting a post from 5:29p, the original post from that thread coming at 4:58p...representing the MINIMUM time at which the thread had been moved. So, yea, I don't think it takes 2 hours to merge threads and realize you've merged to a subforum. But you can feel free to believe what you'd like.

Ultimately it's back where it belongs.

Okay, said I was done ... but I see where the confusion probably came from.

At 9:18am this morning, yobig started this thread in this forum. It has been in this spot all day. A similarly titled thread was started in the subforum 'ordering delivery' by gaskila around 12:30pm. It would be easy to believe seeing that second thread that the first one was moved over. Sometime after that, gaskilla's thread was merged with yobig's thread - which might look to some like it was moved back again.

Look, my issue has not been about where a thread resided - it was over the immediate 'assume bad intent' post. When you consider that 1) there are plenty of critical threads all over this forum, and 2) the topic in question is being blasted by Tesla Motors and not a short, I just don't see how someone comes to the conclusion that mods are trying to hide the information to protect Tesla. It's Tesla's info!

No one was trying to hide anything, from what I can see.

Tesla recalls entire Model S fleet for seat belts

Be done engaging because you were wrong from the beginning.

It wasn't posted in that subforum to begin with; I already said that I heard about the recall because of the thread and I don't go into the delivery subforum often. It wasn't merged in the night either, but try to drum up excuses all you want. Bottomline, it was rightfully moved back so more owners like myself could be alerted. Please miss me with your condescending tone, insanely focused on defense.

- - - Updated - - -

You're running through mental gymnastics to deny the obvious. I noticed the move before I left work, once home, the thread still hadn't been moved back, that's when I posted. I posted at 7:04p quoting a post from 5:29p, the original post from that thread coming at 4:58p...representing the MINIMUM time at which the thread had been moved. So, yea, I don't think it takes 2 hours to merge threads and realize you've merged to a subforum. But you can feel free to believe what you'd like.

Ultimately it's back where it belongs.

You really need to chill out. It's not like Tesla was hiding this recall and refusing to send out emails making the thread 'hidden' on a public forum your only chance to save your life.

I noticed the move before I left work, once home, the thread still hadn't been moved back, that's when I posted. I posted at 7:04p quoting a post from 5:29p, the original post from that thread coming at 4:58p...representing the MINIMUM time at which the thread had been moved. So, yea, I don't think it takes 2 hours to merge threads and realize you've merged to a subforum. But you can feel free to believe what you'd like.
I am sure you know that the moderators have real jobs and do not spend every minute of their day dealing with TMC issues, and they get nothing for being a moderator other than the "boundless respect from their peers", and thank you for that. I am sure there was no intent to conceal this Tesla "recall".
But you are free to believe whatever you want.

You really need to chill out. It's not like Tesla was hiding this recall and refusing to send out emails making the thread 'hidden' on a public forum your only chance to save your life.

Never accused Tesla of hiding anything, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure you know that the moderators have real jobs and do not spend every minute of their day dealing with TMC issues, and they get nothing for being a moderator other than the "boundless respect from their peers", and thank you for that. I am sure there was no intent to conceal this Tesla "recall".
But you are free to believe whatever you want.
Of course they don't spend every minute here.

You guys can jump down my throat all you want, but this forum definitely has that 'fanboy' reputation, and pointing it out clearly rubs some of you the wrong way. Like I said, I'm just glad it got moved back since that was the point of my post.

You guys can jump down my throat all you want, but this forum definitely has that 'fanboy' reputation, and pointing it out clearly rubs some of you the wrong way. Like I said, I'm just glad it got moved back since that was the point of my post.

I'm probably one of the least likely posters anyone would label a "fanboy", considering I've been pretty active in some discussions where I've been critical of Tesla. If the site has a fanboy reputation, I think it is largely unwarranted. Certainly there are many fans of Tesla here. But the mods do a good job of fair, even-handed moderation. I do have first-hand experience with that.

Never accused Tesla of hiding anything, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

No. You accused one of the mods of hiding the thread to protect Tesla is some way. Why someone would get so upset over the location of a thread is beyond me. This thread could easily have been in the Tesla Motors sections as well. How hiding the fact that Tesla is doing something good for their customers is protecting Tesla is beyond me. Please explain that.

Well I assume the point of flipping out that it was in a subforum is because you thought someone was trying to hide it from you. Now you're accusing us of being fanboys and trying to protect Tesla with the placement of the thread? Right.

It always amuses me when people come onto an enthusiast website and accuse people of being "fanboys", like it's some kind of revelation.

There are obviously tons of fans here. The term 'fanboys' is used to dismiss the person as some thoughtless person devoid of critical thought. Not really called for on this forum anymore than term troll that gets thrown around.