Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove front seat back panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my MS 85 tomorrow and the first thing I want to install is an invisible mount for a tablet in the headrest of the drivers seat. I am going to try 2 of scosche flush mounts installed on the inside of the plastic panel on the lf seat back. I have taken lots of seat back panels off before but never on a tesla and I don't want to damage it. I assume there are clips on the bottom and it hooks up top but can anyone verify this?

I'd love to know this too. However, my experience with taking the car apart: front doors, trunk and frunk trim, speaker grills, mirror housing, lower driver's dash, is that everything is done with very robust clips. It is scary pulling them apart, as it is pretty hard. But I haven't broken a clip yet. It usually takes a good sudden yank to let them release. It takes much more force than any other car I have taken apart, which is a fair number. My guess would be to start at the bottom.

I am picking up my MS 85 tomorrow and the first thing I want to install is an invisible mount for a tablet in the headrest of the drivers seat. I am going to try 2 of scosche flush mounts installed on the inside of the plastic panel on the lf seat back. I have taken lots of seat back panels off before but never on a tesla and I don't want to damage it. I assume there are clips on the bottom and it hooks up top but can anyone verify this?
Did you ever figure out how to to get those seatbacks off?