Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenedyne Maglev Wind Turbine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool but I am skeptical.

1st any wind expert will tell you that there is more wind higher up. I see they have it on a hill but the wind is "clean" (without turbulence) 50 feet above anything else, including the ground.

How much power does the maglev take?

The fins seem like a kludge. The diagram of the arrows show the right half of the going the wrong way.

Man, it's big. I'd like to see it built with other people's money.

Had to turn it off when the narrator said, "uses a unique combination of science and technology..."

Then you missed the part about the built-in helicopter landing pad!

A quick Google search lead me to a link where it's suspected one of these babies will cost upwards of $50 million.
Not to mention just how many rare earth magnets are needed to keep that big blade thing suspended in mid air.

Only made it in about a minute. Had to turn it off when the narrator said, "uses a unique combination of science and technology..."
At least it wasn't a common combination. :biggrin:
I had an email exchange with someone involved and questioned them about cost and the rare earth magnets. They said yes cost will be high but output will be high enough to compensate, breakeven in year 5. They are looking for funding...