Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going on at the service centre in Toronto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last time I was there they seemed to be under staffed. There was no one to assist me and I ended up waiting a long time at the service desk.

I called them a couple days ago to confirm my winter tire appointmet. No one picked up so I left a voicemail. I also sent an email.

It's been a couple days and no response from either email or phone.

Is anyone else noticing this at the service centre in Lawrence/404? I feel like something must be going on there because there is literally poor/no service.

I have heard that it is a 6 week wait for service at Mississauga or Lawrence.
They are obviously overwhelmed and need more staff and to add another location (currently planned in the west end)
I would call back and try and get through to someone. FYI they will book you to come in and wait for your snows to be installed.

I was in there this week for my snow tire swap and they have moved the new car detailer to the far end of the showroom, opposite the washrooms. This has resulted in a ton of noise and was very unpleasant while I waited. I tried calling on my way into the appointment about four times and no one picked up. The service person mentioned when I got there they are having a hard time hearing people on the phone. I suspect they only pick up when it's quiet, or they just don't really have a mandate to pick up the calls from their manager. When I was there I realized I didn't even hear phones ringing - I wonder if they all go to voice mail. The detailer was moved in the show room because "they are running out of room". It looked and sounded awful. I have to say that the Lawrence centre did not look impressive when I was there.

I did, however, have a lovely visit with my friend Scott and the person who sold me the car whose name escapes me at the moment. And the service people were friendly and pleasant.

I wanted to just pick up my snow tires. Called three different days where I was told they would call back. No call backs done. When I finally was able to pick them up on a day that I was picking up my wife at Pearson Airport (we live in Owen Sound, so it is not a simple deal to get to the Tesla dealership) they were very friendly and helpful. I think they need reception help because they are so busy.

I have to say, even Sales service is very disappointing. I'm supposed to be picking up a car in the next few weeks and most of the time I don't even get replies to my e-mails. When I do get replies, they are 3+ days later. You would think when you are buying a 100K+ car you would get quick response.......quite dissapointing

I have to say, even Sales service is very disappointing. I'm supposed to be picking up a car in the next few weeks and most of the time I don't even get replies to my e-mails. When I do get replies, they are 3+ days later. You would think when you are buying a 100K+ car you would get quick response.......quite dissapointing

There is an upside to having no-commission sales staff. And there is a downside. What you are seeing here is the downside. :)

It's a tough line to walk. I suspect that eventually Tesla will go to a mixed commission model - not as extreme as with the normal dealers, but enough to motivate the staff as volumes increase.

There is an upside to having no-commission sales staff. And there is a downside. What you are seeing here is the downside. :)

It's a tough line to walk. I suspect that eventually Tesla will go to a mixed commission model - not as extreme as with the normal dealers, but enough to motivate the staff as volumes increase.
I'm sure there is a commission. Might be different than traditional dealers, but I'm sure there is something like that.

image.png

Looks like they are trying to add staff!