Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt recall check....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rangers also can check when they visit your garage to do other things. It's not a hard thing to check, they'll be done in no time. Tesla is really going overboard with this seatbelt thing, I mean GM had a bunch of people actually die in car crashes for years before they looked into the ignition switches.

Service centre seems to have no clue what is going on. Got my email last Friday about the seat belt issue, with a link to book a service centre appointment. Booked for this morning, got email confirmation.

Showed up this morning, they had no idea people were bringing their cars in starting today. SC staff said "oh you shouldn't bring it in so soon, we don't have instructions from US HQ on the repair yet". I was kinda speechless so I just showed him the email from Tesla saying it needed to be checked by SC and my appointment. So he was kind enough to take my key from me and said "hopefully it'll be done by the end of the day, leave your no. we'll call you."

So much for a 15m turnaround.

Went in at 10am today. Took less than 10 minutes and they give you a form to sign after the inspection.

One of the white shirt (more senior?) guys had a quick chat to me saying it was a simple check. He also said that most of them didn't know what was going on until this morning when they got into work. Also said that most of what they know is second hand news from owners. They have slow information channels.

Anyways, the car is safe for the pregnant wife to use which is good.

Went in at 10am today. Took less than 10 minutes and they give you a form to sign after the inspection.

One of the white shirt (more senior?) guys had a quick chat to me saying it was a simple check. He also said that most of them didn't know what was going on until this morning when they got into work. Also said that most of what they know is second hand news from owners. They have slow information channels.

Anyways, the car is safe for the pregnant wife to use which is good.

that'll show me for turning up early...

Arrived at the service centre today at 1pm as scheduled. Inspection took less than 15 mins and I did not even finish drinking of my Coca Cola. The service staff is very enthusiastic but definitely overloaded with work. They are recruiting staff from HKUST. There is a mismatch between sales and service because the sales are so good.

If you have signed up for the rally and are coming to ICON for breakfast, you need bother to make an appointment for the seatbelt check as Tesla tech will do the check for our cars at ICON this Sunday.

All the more reason to sign up for the rally if you have not done so already.

Arrived at the service centre today at 1pm as scheduled. Inspection took less than 15 mins and I did not even finish drinking of my Coca Cola. The service staff is very enthusiastic but definitely overloaded with work. They are recruiting staff from HKUST. There is a mismatch between sales and service because the sales are so good.